Blue Oak Elementary Happenings
Blue Oak Updates
- 🕕 PTA Meeting Tonight - ALL are welcome and encouraged to join. PTA has some snacks to share and Dr. Roth will be in attendance for a District update and to answer any questions. The meeting will be in the Library at 6:30.
- 📷 Spring Picture Day - This is ONLY for students who missed the Fall Picture Day OR those who want to retake their photo. Students will need to know if you want them to have their picture taken as the whole class will not be going to have pictures taken. For younger students, please let your child's teacher know you would like them to retake their picture so they can help make sure that occurs. Pictures will be taken on March 30th.
- 👕 Lost and Found - We have accumulated a large collection of lost and found once again. Please check the front of the school for missing items. We will be donating the remaining items during Spring Break.
- ➗ 6th Grade Math Placement - 5th Grade families, please read this information that was sent out last week regarding 6th Grade Math Placement assessment options.
- ⚾ Buckeye RiverCats Night - See this flyer for more information on a Buckeye District RiverCats Nights.
- 🎓 Attendance Matters - .
- 🌎 10th Annual Heritage Festival - See this flyer for more information on Buckeye's 10th Annual Heritage Festival which is held at Oak Meadow.
- 👩🏻⚕️ March Health News - Please see the March health update from our District nurses here.
- 🍴 Buckeye Food Services - Information regarding Food Services can be viewed here.
- 🎂 Birthday Marquee - Interested in celebrating your child's birthday with marquee recognition? Ask the office for the paperwork and $20 donation.
Save the Date!
- 3/31 - Kindergarten Hoedown Performance in MP 9:30-10:30
- 3/31 - 4th & 5th Grade 3x3 Basketball Tournament
- 3/31 - PTA After School Treat $1 by Library
- 4/3-4/7 - NO SCHOOL: Spring Break
Attendance Questions Answered
1. What is considered an Excused Absence?
By law [EC § 48205], excused absences are: illness [(fever 100° or more, persistent runny nose (not allergy related), vomiting, diarrhea, medical/dental appointments (doctor’s note required for verification)], death in the family, specific religious reasons, required appearance in court, and exclusion from school for contagious disease.
2. What can I do if my child needs to be out of school for a length of time?
If your child must go out of town for three (3) or more days, you may request that your child is signed up for an Independent Study Contract. Please note that teachers need at least one week’s notice in order to prepare materials without interrupting their instructional time.
3. I called in to verify my child's absence; why am I still getting truancy letters?
Unless the absence was for an excused reason (those stated in point #1), the absence is considered unexcused and truancy letters will be sent in accordance with Education Code of the State of California [EC § 48260-48273]. Ed Code states that any pupil who is absent from school for 3 days or more without a valid excuse (reasons specified in point #1), or tardy in excess of 30 minutes or more, is considered truant.
Attendance/registration - Charlene Bartholome
Secretary - Lindy Murray
Staff email addresses are first initial of first name followed by last name with address @buckeyeusd.org
For example: John Smith - email@example.com