WELCOME TO THE 2ND SEMESTER OF THE 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
We appreciate your continuous support in this matter. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher via email or schedule a meeting.
IMPORTANT DATES IN JANUARY 2022
Back to School - Thursday, January 06, 2022
School resumes for students
Report cards - Thursday, January 06, 2022
Report cards will be sent home and are also available through your child's FOCUS access
MLK DAY- Monday, January 17, 2022
On December 30, 2021, the CDC updated their COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation protocols. We will begin following those guidelines. Here is a summary of some of the changes:
- COVID positive employees or students will need to quarantine for 5 days (instead of 10 days) from when symptoms started or date of the positive test. They may return to work/school on the 6th day as long as they are symptom free.
- COVID positive employees or students who receive a negative PCR test and who are symptom free, can return to work/school earlier than the 5-day quarantine by showing proof of the negative test to their supervisor/school.
- If it is determined an employee/student was exposed to a COVID-positive person, they can continue to work/come to school as long as they are symptom free and monitoring their symptoms over the next 5 days.
- If there is a COVID positive person in the home of a student or employee, they may continue to attend school or work as long as they are symptom free and they should monitor for any symptoms over the next 5 days.
- Employees or students who are are sick, have COVID-19 symptoms or are waiting on results of a COVID-19 test – MUST STAY HOME until you are symptom free and cleared to return to school or work.
- Free COVID-19 PCR rapid tests for district employees and students are now available at Marble Park in Bradenton daily Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Marble Park is located at 3675 53rd Avenue East, and is only open for School District students and employees, and Manatee County Government Employees. School or district ID must be shown to be tested.
- MCR Health School-Based Health Clinics at Manatee Elementary and Southeast High School also offer COVID-19 testing, vaccinations and booster shots by appointment daily Monday through Friday. For information on appointments at the Manatee Elementary MCR Health Clinic, please call 941-741-3319, ext. 2010. For information on appointments at the Southeast High MCR Health Clinic, please call 941-741-3366, ext. 2078.
ATTENTION CURRENT 6TH GRADE PARENTS- YOUR CHILD REQUIRES SHOTS BEFORE ENTERING 7TH GRADE IN AUGUST 2022
The State of Florida requires proof of immunization for all students entering 7th grade. The proof of received shots must be on the official State of Florida Immunization Form (DH680 or the "Blue Card") which you can obtain from your doctor's office or the Health Department.
The following immunizations must be documented on this form for your incoming 7th grader:
* Tetanus, Diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) - This is the update shot that you need for 7th Grade.
* Hepatitis B vaccine series
* Varicella vaccine or the year of disease
* Two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
Please see your doctor or the Health Department for any questions and to check that your child has met all requirements. Bear in mind that no student is allowed to come to school until he/she has fulfilled all shots requirements and has proof. As always, the "Blue Card" has to be submitted to the school before the first day of the new school year (August 2022).
Thank you for your understanding and support in this matter.