How does this affect the world?
What is climate change?
- Rise or drop in temperature
- Seasonal changes occurring too fast or slow
Polar bears, are they safe?
When and where did climate change start? Why?
However, it was not too long ago when people actually discovered this scientifically.
- Climate change happened and is still happening all over the world, not in one specific region although some places are more highly affected than others.
- Climate change occurs because people are altering the environment to make more developments and life easier.
Who is causing climate change? (Greenhouse effect)
What are the effects of climate change? (Environment)
- Accelerated sea level rising
- More intense heat/temperature rise
....which leads to:
- Animals losing their habitats
- Drought (less agriculture/plants)
- Land sinking
What are the effects of climate change? (Humans)
- Harder to adapt to new seasons
- Natural disasters affecting communities
- Heat related illness (Heat exhaustion)
Quotes about Climate Change
- Ban Ki Moon (United Nations Secretary General)
"The shift to a cleaner energy economy won't happen overnight, and it will require tough choices along the way. But the debate is settled, and climate change is a fact."
- Barack Obama (USA President)
- Greenhouse gases are mainly produced because of burning fossil fuels.
- Climate change causes:
Sea levels to rise
Temperature to rise
Icebergs to melt