September 21, 2017
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Here are a few reminders for the week:
• Backpack Food Program: Feeding Our Communities Partners offers the BackPack Food Program free of charge to K-5 students who are in need of food on weekends and over school breaks. Please contact the Roosevelt Office if you are in need of a form.
• Online Walk-A-Thon Donation Information: If you are using the Pledgeme online link to collect donations for the Walk-A-Thon, it will go live and be pushed out to anyone you shared information with next Tuesday, September 26. After September 25, you will not be able to add any new emails. Once it goes live, folks will receive information to make their online donation. Should you have questions about this, please call Roosevelt.
• Have you heard the news? Roosevelt is turning 90 years old!!! Can you believe it? It's a very big deal, and we are planning to celebrate at the Roosevelt Open House from 5:30-7:00 PM on Thursday, September 28. We are hoping for a great turnout for this very special day. Our Book Fair will be open for business from 3:30-7:30 on this same day, and there will be lots of cool Roosevelt gear that can be ordered that night. Don't miss this big event!
• The Roosevelt PTO is still in need of volunteers to help with the Walk-A-Thon on Friday, October 6. If you are able to help that afternoon, please email Mandy Jacoby at firstname.lastname@example.org. It's a FUN afternoon and a great, simple way to be involved. Your help is certainly appreciated!
• Walk-A-Thon: As a reminder, any student who reaches the $75 fundraising goal for the Walk-A-Thon will receive a FREE pair of AWESOME Roosevelt socks. Money is due Wednesday, October 4. Socks will be distributed early the following week.
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Thank you Cub Foods
A huge shoutout to Cub Foods West for their donation of coffee, donut holes, and space to host the first ever Roosevelt Coffee with the Principal. Thank you, Cub!
Great Coffee, Amazing Conversation
Great conversation was had with an amazing group of Roosevelt parents. Thank you for coming last week. Hopefully there will be more new faces at next month's coffee on Friday, October 13, 7:30-8:30 AM.
Thank You Principal Blasing
West High School Principal, Sherri Blasing, was September's celebration speaker. She did a super job sharing how to be your BEST at school. Thank you, Sherri!