AIESEC in Belo Horizonte - Brazil
Welcome to Brazil! Welcome to Belo Horizonte!
Brazil (Brasil in Portuguese) is the largest country in South America and the world’s fifth largest country, both in size and population. It’s also the largest Portuguese-speaking country.Brazil is also a multicultural country, receiving influences from Europe, Africa and Asia since 1530’s.
What do you need to know about Brazil right now?
- Brazil currency: real, 1 dollar = 3,04 reais
- How much a bus ride costs? R$3,10 (reais)
- How much money do I need for six weeks? At least 400 dollars
- Can I exchange money in Brazil? Yes, you can.
- What are Brazil's international banks? ABS, Amro, Citibank, Santander, HSBC.
- Can I use credit cards there? Yes, it is accepted in most places here.
Simple Expressions in Portuguese
- Hi, hello = Oi, olá
- Bye = Tchau
- Please = Por favor
- Sorry = Me desculpe
- Excuse me = Com licença
- Help! = Socorro! Ajuda!
- Good morning/Good evening/Good night = Bom dia/Boa tarde/Boa noite
- How are you? = Tudo bem?
- See ya! = Até mais!
- I don't speak portuguese. = Eu não falo português
Belo Horizonte - Brazil
- Summer: Hot and rainy (25ºC-32ºC) From December to March
- Autumm: Warm, almost no rain. From March to June
- Winter: Not too cold (minimus 10ºC) From June to September
- Spring: Warm and rainy. From September to December
Host – 3 possibilities
- Host Family: This one is most usual host here, in this category a family you receive you in their home. Most families are pleased to receive a trainee in their home and they probably will treat you as part of their own family.
- Republica: This is a brazilian sutudents house or apartament.
- Hostel: If we can’t find a host family or a republica to receive you, you will be alocated in a hostel.
Have you ever imagined to change someone else's life?
The Project gives the opportunity of team work development between the participants. Thus, to cooperate in a way that all the students can become more aware, empathetic and inclusive, improving the sense of respect. Moreover it promotes the cultural intersection within the local and international diversities as a way to achieve self-awareness. Have you ever imagined to change someone else's life?
- Free accommodation
- 1 meal per day
- Free Portuguese classes (commitment fee of $ 4)
- Discounts on taxi rides
- Integration with social activities of AIESEC Belo Horizonte's office
- TN fee: 100,00 reais (+ - 30 USD). To offer all AIESEC BH needs to charge a symbolic value of some costs that it has in order to act sustainably.
- Date of the project:
- from June 1st to 13th July
- from July 27th to 1st August
Driblando - AIESEC in Belo Horizonte/Brazil
Vice President: Jean Marques