Purcell High School - January 2, 2022
Por espanol, Escoja el buton para traducir.
Message from the Principal
Good Afternoon Dragon Family:
I hope everyone had a happy Christmas break and enjoyed time with family and friends. The holidays can be a hectic time and you hopefully you had some time to rest and relax. I enjoyed watching some football over the break as well as catching up on yard work. The OU game was a great way to cap the season and it was so exciting to see Coach Stoops back on the sideline (sorry OSU fans!). Anyway, I'm anxious to welcome our students back to school on Tuesday and begin the spring semester.
One of our school improvement goals is to ensure a safe learning environment for all students. Student safety involves more than just physical safety. It also requires that students feel connected and involved in their school. They need to feel safe to challenge themselves educationally and they need to feel comfortable around other students and teachers. Students who feel safe both physically and emotionally are more likely to learn at higher levels.
I've established a goal for every student in the high school to be involved in at least one extracurricular activity: a sport, band, cheer, or a club or organization. Our staff has worked hard to establish more opportunities for students outside of our traditional activities. In the past year we have started a leadership class, robotics, a book club, a revitalized pep club and spanish club, gardening club and several new elective opportunities for students.Our kids have more opportunities to get involved. We want to see 100% of our students involved in an extracurricular activity.
Of course many of our students are highly involved in many activities throughout the school. We know how big a role this plays in student success. Student involvement in clubs and organizations help them feel more socially connected which is increasingly important as teenagers are more isolated than ever due to technology and the pandemic. Help us achieve our goal by encouraging your students to get involved at school. We will monitor our progress towards this goal through student surveys in our advisory class. I'll keep you posted!
Always feel free to call or email me if you have questions,
405-442-0099 ext 505
PHS Staff Member of the Month: Maria Zaragoza
Maria brings a positive attitude to work everyday. She is kind and friendly to all individuals. She performs the most thankless tasks without complaint. We are grateful for all she does to make our school a better place.
Senior 2022 Info
Semester 1 Grades Final this Thursday 1/6/22
Parent and Student Portal Access
Please complete this form linked here if you are need of a Parent Portal Account:
If you have any problems accessing Parent Portal please contact the school directly: (405) 442-0099
click here to access parent portal for infinite campus (student information system)
Winter MAP Assessments Upcoming
- 9th/10th Grade Reading Assessments (English Classes); Thursday, 1/6
- 9th/10th Grade Math Assessments (Math Classes); Tuesday, 1/11
Map assessments measure student progress in the critical areas of math and reading. We only assess freshman and sophomores. Remember all Juniors take the ACT in the spring. Students are assessed in the fall, winter, and spring. Winter assessments are important to measure student progress from the first semester of instruction. Parents will be provided detailed results for their individual students once assessments are completed. Parents will be able to measure their students progress from the fall assessments.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions. You can also contact your student's math or english teacher for help.
ACT Power Prep Opportunity on Campus
PHS After School Tutoring Every Tues and Thurs Through Spring Break
When: Every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30-5:00 PM
Where: PHS (Stefanie Renfro's classroom)
Who: Any student may attend but our primary focus is English and Math
Please contact Carolyn Anyong, Assistant Principal, for questions or help regarding tutoring.
School and Student Safety
Upcoming Emergency Drills and School Entry Change
- We will conduct a fire drill this week on Wednesday @ 12:40 (beginning of 5th hour). This is a required drill. A fire drill must be executed within the first 15 days of each semester
- Beginning Tuesday, 1/4/22, we will no longer allow upperclassmen to enter and exit the southwest doors of the school. We unlocked these door prior to school and during lunch for upperclassmen to ease overcrowding in the commons due to covid. We will return to only allowing entry access at the main front door.
- A friendly reminder to parents to check into the main office when coming to the school. We always welcome all parents to our school but it's very important that you check into the main office whenever you visit. Thank you!
- We will have a safety meeting on Wednesday, 1/12/22 @ 3:30 PM in the high school library. Any parent who wishes to attend is welcome. We have a regular safety committee that meets regularly. However this is the meeting that we are required to hold bi-yearly that is open to parents and students.
PHS Safety Meeting
Wednesday, Jan. 12th, 3:30pm
click link to access information regarding procedures in case of severe weather
Click on link to access emergency dismissal form for upperclassmen who drive
Purcell Public Schools Board of Education Meeting
Monday, Jan. 10th, 6pm
Purcell Public Schools Administration Building
Boys State Applications Open
Candidates should be High School Juniors in 2022 and may self enroll at okboysstate.com; however, scholarships are available at most American Legion Posts. The standard fee is $299 or $285 if enrolled prior to February 1.
Candidates interested in more information or wanting to represent Post 301 can contact me via this email or email@example.com.
Parchment: Online Transcripting
How does it work?
- Click on the https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/20225/account to either create an account or order a transcript from PHS.
- This order link is posted to our website.
- You will have to create a free account to order a transcript. There are 3 easy ways to create an account and I'm linking an easy to follow help document here: https://parchmentsupport.force.com/s/article/Sign-up-to-order-transcripts?language=en_US
- We will email our current students a registration code this week for an easy account set-up for them.
This Week in Dragon Athletics
Basketball Teams Return to Action this Week
How to view PHS athletic events online
1. Go to: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/
2. Search for Purcell High School at the top of the page
3. Scroll down and click on game you wish to view
4. Click subscribe to watch
5. Choose your subscription option
GoFan Online Ticketing
The new ticketing policy allows Purcell High School to operate a more efficient and professional ticket gate while creating a safer and enhanced fan experience. Buying tickets online allows fans to access and share tickets easily by email or text without standing in line.
Fans are encouraged to buy tickets online prior to reaching the facility. For your convenience, signage will be set up at the venue to help fans navigate an online purchase quickly and easily.
We understand this is a change and there will be bumps along the way. However we think our fans will quickly see how easy it is to buy a ticket, share a ticket with family, and quickly access an event. I've shared some helpful links below which will provide extra help with the process.
Click here to see easy to follow instructions for buying and redeeming online tickets
click on this link for easy to follow guide for how to share or transfer tickets as well as view tickets once they are purchased.
Senior Panel Pictures: click on link: https://docs.google.com/.../1nx3iBg.../edit
All Senior students and parents are encouraged to join the Senior Remind Group. It will only be used to disperse Senior Class Info.
Remind Code: @phssr22
Resources for Parents
Weekend Meals begin 10/22
information regarding Purcell High School Alternative Education Program
IMPORTANT Upcoming DATES
- Jan 3: No School; Professional Day
- Jan 17; No School; Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Feb 14; No School; Professional Day
- Mar 8: Parent Teacher Conference
- Mar 10: Parent Teacher Conference
- Mar 11: No School
- Mar 14-18: No School; Spring Break
- May 13: Last Day of School