The Bulldog Bulletin
News from Crown Point Community School Corporation
Finalists for Teacher of the Year were:
- Brandy Sims - Jerry Ross Elementary, 5th grade teacher
- Alex Drakulich - Winfield Elementary - Music teacher
- Jamie Pauley - Timothy Ball Elementary, 3rd grade teacher
- Patty Begley - Eisenhower Elementary - Kindergarten teacher
- Tiffany Markham - Lake Street Elementary - 1st grade teacher
- Alicia Bellamy - MacArthur Elementary - Counselor
- Devin Lewis - Taft MS, English teacher
- Stephanie Olson - Col. Wheeler MS - Math teacher
Congratulations to Michele Kral, our CPCSC Employee of the Year!
Finalists for Employee of the Year were:
- Al Roach - Jerry Ross Elementary, Head Custodian
- Jeannie Watson - Preschool, Paraprofessional
- Karen Harmicar - CPHS, Custodian
Registration will be completed via our new student management system, PowerSchool. We are excited to start using this new system and will provide more detailed information this summer during registration.
PowerSchool replaces RDS. Buzz will continue to be our learning management system and ParentSquare will be our mass communication tool. For clarification on our different platforms and tools, see our family communications guide.
USDA meal programs for children operate all summer! To find the nearest summer meal site, call 211 or text ‘Summer Meals’ (English) or ‘Verano’ (Spanish) to 914-342-7744. Households in need of assistance any time of the year can call the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 866-3-HUNGRY to speak with a representative who will find resources, such as summer meal sites, food banks, and other nearby social services.
Congratulations to the Class of 2023!
The kindergarteners at MacArthur Elementary have some advice for you.
If you have an incoming kindergartener, you can take a practice ride on the bus August 15.
Between now and the end of the school year, you can save 25% at all Crown Point Schools online spirit wear stores with the code SPIRIT. You’ll find gear and accessories with dozens of official designs on over three hundred items. Brands include companies like Under Armour, Nike, NorthFace, Ogio, and more. Visit www.cps.k12.in.us/spiritshop to find your school’s store.
We update our website monthly with details on the progress of each building, along with pictures and videos. Check it out on the Capital Improvement Projects page.
Check out the progress in the academic wing of the new Taft Middle School site! The building is on track to open for the 2023-2024 school year.
Timothy Ball Elementary
The new gymnasium is ready and students are excited!
Col. Wheeler MS
Entrance to the new auditorium.
Demolition has begun!
- Join Crossroads YMCA for their summer sports programs, which include sports for students PreK to 8th grade.
- Boys and girls are invited to join scout Troop 88 in Winfield. Meetings are held on Monday evenings.