Inhale confidence...exhale doubt
Trouble Viewing your MMM?
PSEO Priority Deadline
MCTC has a new priority deadline of April 15th for PSEO. Student who don't have the test scores yet or are not sure if they want to do PSEO can wait to apply by the July 1 deadline, however, students who know they want to do PSEO may want to meet the priority deadline. The main advantage to meeting the priority deadline is students get to pick classes earlier (before some classes fill up) and they can complete orientation earlier. Students can still submit applications up until the final deadline of July 1 but it is an absolute, final deadline. Student can make an appointment to complete the PSEO application with Britt.
Accuplacer Tuesday, April 11th
The next Accuplacer date is Tuesday, April 11th. This will be the last testing opportunity before the PSEO priority deadline of April 15th. Priority spots for testing will be given to prospective PSEO students trying to get one more test in before the priority deadline.
Counselor Visit on March 22nd
School counselors from across the school district will be visiting TPlus on the morning of March 22nd (this Thursday). We will be touring the building during the first part of 2nd hour on the 22nd (Thursday) so if you see a group take a quick look in your classroom - that's us!
Safety and Security Guiding Principles
- The responsibility of safety and security is for everyone in our building
- Physical security is not meant to be convenient
- Safety is everyone's responsibility
* Please make sure that you are wearing your school ID at all times when you are within the district buildings and grounds.
* Be prepared at all times for lockdowns- if you are going to keep your door propped open please make sure it is locked, so you will not have to fumble with keys to try to get it locked in an emergency situation.
* No Propping of outside doors- do not let somebody else in after 9 am- in a true emergency situation a person could force their way in if the door is opened for someone. (We are unique in that there are 3 main points of entry for the building - please do not create other opportunities. Those 3 points have monitors at each door.
* Every person should be entering the building through door 16 after 9am
Mental Health Team Tip of the Week:
Last week we shared The Healthy Mind Platter, co-developed by Dr. Daniel Siegel and Dr. David Rock. The platter contains seven essential mental activities necessary for optimum mental health in daily life.
Over the next 6 weeks the mental health team tips will focus on the 7 essential activities proposed in The Healthy Mind Platter. We covered sleep in the memo on 3/5. Today we're spotlighting physical time. When we physically move our bodies, our brain is strengthened in many ways. By engaging in physical activity, along with the other essential activities, you enable your brain to coordinate and balance its activities, which strengthens your brain's internal connections and your connections with other people.
Stay tuned for more info on the third essential activity next week - or check it out for yourself:
Food Service News!!!
Wednesday Staff Lunch:
Specialty Cookies BIG!
All kinds of add-ins: chocolate, coconut, walnuts, marshmallows, sprinkles, white chocolate, peanut butter, raisins, oatmeal, kitchen sink
Choose one that’s already made or put in an order for what you want.
Employee Assistance Program
- Emotional Wellness
- Financial and Legal
- Parenting and Childcare
- Senior Life
- Work and Career
- And Much more
Brochures are outside Jason's office near the time off request forms.
If you have short term counseling needs (1-3 sessions )- you can call Kelli Skoog at 1-866-228-2809