From Little Seeds Grow Mighty Trees
Thoughts for the Week
Maximizing Instruction with Smooth Transitions
Have you ever thought about how much instructional time is lost in transitions? By effectively teaching and executing transitions you can help protect your instructional time. Here is an article and a couple of videos to get you started:
Teaching Transitions| Responsive Classroom Article
Transition Times| Responsive Classroom Videos
Mrs. Noonan Managing Transitions | The Teaching Channel VIdeo
Please share with us what you do to manage transitions in your classroom by leaving a comment in the comment section below. :)
Top Apps for Little Students
- Todo Math (Ages 6-8) Math basics-counting, adding, subtracting and money concepts
- King of Math Junior (Ages 6-8) - Helps reinforce basic math facts, fractions geometry and measuring
- Quick Math (Ages 6-8) Timed math drills for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Sushi Monster (Ages 9-11) Addition and multiplication practice
- Endless Reader (Ages 4+) Fun critters teach common sight words
- Grammaropolis (Ages 6+) Catchy music videos and explanations teach parts of speech.
- Happy Frog Reading Comprehension (Ages 9-11) This app quizzes kids about short passages.
Looking for Ways to Motivate Your Students?
Depth of Knowledge Chart - Refer to the verbs for each level to help guide your differentiation
Bloom's Taxonomy Posters- Printable posters for your reference and to guide your planning
Differentiated Instruction Ideas- Examples and descriptions of ideas for differentiating instruction