SRES FAMILY NEWSLETTER FOR THE WEEK OF APRIL 12, 2021
RVC INFORMATION FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Is your family interested in attending RVC for the 2021-2022 school year? Registration is now open. There is a Virtual Informational Meeting on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 @ 6:00 pm. Here is the link for the Elementary Virtual Meeting.
Please fill out the Rocklin Virtual Campus Interest Form to register for RVC.
Registration and paperwork collection closes on April 23, 2021.
Please note, if you sign your student up on the Rocklin Virtual Campus Interest Form, you will be registering your student(s) for RVC and your student(s) will no longer be registered at Sunset Ranch Elementary School. Filling out this form registers your student to attend Rocklin Virtual Campus (RVC) starting in the fall for the 2021-2022 school year.
For additional questions/answers, please click on the RVC FAQ's for 2021-2022.
For more information on what RVC entails can be found on the RUSD RVC website.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP @ SRES
- Please don't park or leave car unattended in the drop off zones/lanes, red zones, or bus zones. Traffic needs to continue to flow and not be blocked.
- Remind your students that they cannot be on campus until 7:40 a.m. They must wait for the warning bell to ring before heading to their classroom.
GREAT JOB to the students for walking bikes/scooters and wearing their helmets!
SPRING IS HERE! SO HERE IS A REMINDER ABOUT DRESS CODE @ SRES
Please ensure students are wearing appropriate clothing and shoes according to the RUSD Board Policy provided in part below:
Student Dress and Appearance (Reference Board Policy 5132)
The following guidelines are intended to define appropriate student attire and personal grooming and shall apply to all regular school activities:
▪ All garments must fit and be worn in the manner in which they are designed. Pants must be worn at or above the hip point and be able to stay up without a belt.
▪ Footwear must be worn at all times. At all elementary schools, for safety reasons, thongs or backless shoes/sandals are prohibited; however, sandals may be worn if they have heel straps.
▪ For the safety of our students, Physical Education requires that athletic shoes that stay on during high activity be worn.
▪ Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, tank tops, torn-off sleeves, bare midriffs, and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
▪ Inappropriate lettering, printing, message patches, or messages on clothing, hats, backpacks, binders, or other personal items are prohibited.
▪ Hats are not allowed to be worn in the classroom (district-wide) with the exception of classroom curriculum activities.
Wow! ALL COYOTES, ALL DAY WAS WONDERFUL!
Thank you all for such a smooth return to school on April 6. We continue to have health and safety protocols in place. Please review the school expectations below with your student(s) and please let your teacher(s) know if you have any questions.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION FOR ALL GRADES IS OPEN! REGISTER TODAY!
For more registration information regarding TK/Kindergarten Registration, please click here.
Registration for all grade levels is open. To register your student, please click here.
We will be sending home intent to return forms with more information for current students at SRES and RVC soon. Stay tuned.
RVC LUNCH PICK-UP CHANGE STARTED APRIL 6!
The RVC and community members will only be served at THREE locations beginning 4/6/21. Nutrition Services Flyer Please call 916-624-1112 , ext 1 if you have further questions.
SVMS, RHS, and WHS
SRES will not be serving Take & Bake lunches for the remainder of the year.
Please make sure students return to school with their library books after spring break. Since we will be returning to a regular schedule, the library will be enforcing its traditional rules of :
TK-1st grade students- 1 book checkout
2nd-6th grade students- 2 book checkout
No checkout for a student with an overdue book
SQUARE 1 ART
Hello my amazing artists!! If you wish to order before you receive your order form, you can by going to the link below. Remember Square 1 Art is a fundraiser for VAPA and a great way to document your growth in art throughout the years! :) Please check with mom and dad before you order.
Go to this website:
Press the green search button.
Once you find your artwork, click on the blue button to <add my art>.
At the top there will be a tab that says "Shop Products" Click on this to look at your art on different products to purchase.
Click the item and add it to your cart.
Products will be here before Mother's Day. Keep your eyes out for order forms after break. Thanks for your support!
The VAPA Team- Mrs. Grizey, Miss Nash, and Mrs. Pollock
*If your child's artwork was not found, please contact Miss Nash email@example.com to see if the artwork was turned in. Some classes and students did not participate this year.
Inside California Education Featuring Mrs. Cihak!
Inside California Education Show To Air April 21 at 7:30 p.m. on KVIE
Inside California Education is a public television series that explores the challenges, issues, and stories of public education. The show that is set to air Wednesday, April 21, 2021, offers an insider’s perspective on how The Monterey Bay Aquarium partners with California educators to bring virtual life science into the virtual classroom for students while learning from home during the Covid-19 worldwide pandemic.
Katy Scott, STEM Integration Manager at the Monterey Bay Aquarium virtually teaches 4th-grade students from teacher Rebecca Marquez-Cihak’s class at the Rocklin Virtual Campus.
Flower Power Fundraiser
Click the link below to order for direct delivery to your home. Thank you!