Madison High School News, Notices and Events - 3/08/2019
Last Call for Grad Nite Tickets
Family Notices for the Week
- New Main Phone number: 858-536-0336
- URGENT - AP Test Registration: Students who plan to take an AP exam in May, must sign up and pay for the exam online by Monday, March 18. Register at https://aptsusa.com/madison/
- Principal's Honor Roll: Thank you to all of the Warhawk families who came out to celebrate their student at the Principal's Honor Roll assemblies on March 5 and 6. Grades 9 and 10 celebrated 134 students who attained a 3.5+ weighted GPA (WGPA) for Fall semester 2018; Grades 11 and 12 celebrated 234 students (50% of the Class of 2019 and 2020) for a 3.5+ Fall semester WGPA and for high achievement on the SAT and/or ACT exams, as well as their performance on AP exams with a score of 3, 4 or 5, which may earn them credit at their future colleges.
- Talent Show: Celebrate Warhawk talent at Madison's talent show on Friday, March 8th, 6:30 pm. Tickets are only $5. Start your weekend off with some great fun!
- Pennies for Patients: We are joining over 27,000 schools across the nation to make a difference and raise as much money as we can! Over the next 3 weeks our school will be working to reach a goal of $1,200.00. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Donations from Pennies for Patients help families of patients pay for medicines, doctors, or other expenses, and also help fund research focused on finding a cure.
- Saturday School: is Saturday, March 9, from 8 a.m. until noon in room B-22. Students are required to makeup any uncleared absences through Saturday School to participate in end-of-year activities. This is an additional instructional day, offering academic support in various core subject areas, to help students reach their academic goals. Enter the campus through the Doliva gate nearest the 500 building and make sure to arrive by 8 a.m. Late arrivals are turned away.
- Powderpuff: Our annual Powder Puff Game of the juniors (Class of 2020) vs. the seniors (Class of 2019) will take place on Friday, March 22nd at 6:00 p.m. in the stadium. Tickets will be $5 at the door for all ages (5 and under free); this is a joint fundraiser for both classes! Refreshments will be available for purchase.
Mental Health Services for Students
Parents, are you experiencing behavioral or emotional challenges with your child? Students, are you currently going through difficult times or know someone who is and would like to talk to someone about this? Reach out to your school counselor to access services through our on-site Mental Health Services Provider MAST. The Mobile Adolescent Services Team provides confidential therapy services to children and youth ages 5-18 who have MediCal insurance or who are uninsured. Click here for more information about Adolescent Mental Health.
If you are currently experiencing a mental health crisis please call the access and crisis line at 1 888 724-7240 or the Emergency Screening Unit at (619) 876-4502, if this is a life threatening emergency please call 911.