Reading Recovery®: Top to Bottom
From the Upper Peninsula to Southern Michigan
Utilizing Literacy Expertise
- referred classroom teachers to the Reading Recovery teacher for guidance on literacy instruction,
- highlighted the Reading Recovery teacher's expertise in staff meetings or professional development, and
- expected that their classroom teachers would observe Reading Recovery lessons and consult with the Reading Recovery teacher on issues of literacy instruction.
Why Reading Recovery Works
Theory into Practice
Reading Recovery Council of North America
RRCNA Member Benefits
Customize your learning with free videos
The new RRCNA e-Learning Center — available only to Council members — offers free online resources to help you meet your learning goals. Keep track of your progress and print certificates for every session you successfully complete. It's your personal learning management system!
- Free webcasts and videos. Most webcasts previously offered for sale are now free for members.
- Printable certifications. After viewing a video and completing a brief quiz, you can print a certificate of completion.
- Professional development credit. Most completed sessions earn 1-2 "RRCNA Contact Hours" (subject to your local professional development committees).
- Session tracking. Your personal Learning Profile is always available to track session progress and completion.
Coming soon: Short 20-30 minute 'mini-sessions' on various Reading Recovery AND classroom literacy topics.
Reading Recovery Parent:
"She thrives on the personal attention, immediate personal academic support and words of encouragement. If your child has the opportunity to be in Reading Recovery, take it!" - Jennifer L., Ezra Eby Elementary School
Literacy Lessons Teacher:
"Specialized reading instruction is a requirement for 85% of my special education students. What I have learned through Literacy Lessons training has positively impacted the growth AND confidence of not only my Literacy Lesson students, but ALL of my special education students." - Amy Kelso, Brimley Elementary
Twitter Line Up
- March 17 ~ Valinda Kimmel ~ "It's Not All Guided Reading: The Importance of Demonstration"
- April 28 ~ Tammy Mulligan & Clare Landrigan ~ "Getting the Most Out of Your Classroom Library"
2019 National Reading Recovery & K-6 Literacy Conference Highlights
2700 teachers and administrators from 47 states and multiple countries
"We need schools to be communities of practice. We need everyone to be on fire for learning."
"Stand on the shoulders of the best knowledge in the field and then contribute to that knowledge."