GPISD Parent Newsletter
KEEPING YOU CONNECTED...
Summer is quickly coming to an end, and another exciting school year is just around the corner! We hope your family enjoys the remainder of your summer vacation and are looking forward to a fun and exciting school year!
The First Day of School will be on Wednesday, August 21!
The Galena Park Independent School District values our students and parents. You are an essential piece to our puzzle and we are looking forward to serving you.
As a District, we will share reminders, updates, and successes monthly in an effort to keep you connected.
Thank you for taking the time to stay connected!
Back to school news you can use... click on the link to read our GPS Back to School Edition. Here you will find bus routes, dress code and much more!
BACK 2 SCHOOL
TIPS, TRICKS & GENTLE SCHOLARLY ADVICE
- Clean out your child’s closet and donate clothes that don’t fit.
- Start getting up early a week or two before school starts.
- Visit the school with your child during meeting the teacher/orientation.
- Post a central calendar to keep track of family events.
- Lay out clothes, pack lunches, and organize backpacks each night before a school day.
- Encourage children to use both shoulder straps on a backpack, or consider a rolling backpack.
- Designate a quiet place for studying and rules for what time homework needs to start.
- Go through backpacks together as soon as your child gets home.
- Delegate chores ahead of time to keep the house running smoothly.
Click on the 2019 GPISD SCHOOL CALENDAR link to view the 2019-2020 district calendar
If you have not completed returning student verification, it's not too late. You may register your child at Galena Park Middle or North Shore Senior High July 22-25. Check the campus website for times.
Annual District Immunization Day
Saturday, Aug. 17th, 9am-12pm
353 Castlegory Road
Give your children their best shot at a healthy start!
Galena Park ISD and Harris Health System will be hosting the Annual District Immunization Day!
Join us for: FREE immunizations, preventative health information and activities for the children.
For more information, please call the Galena Park ISD Department of Educational Support at 832-386-1033.