Special Education News Update
November 10, 2014
Enjoy This Beautiful Fall!
- Medicaid Logging- please stay up to date! September and October logging should be completed. Please try to get logging done by the 5th of the next month for the previous month!
- Print out invitation and give to parent with procedural safeguards
- **Document in IEP WHEN and HOW parents received this information
PARENT NOT ATTENDING IEP
- For IEPs in which parents do not attend, put a statement in the comments section of the IEP that indicates how you will communicate the information to the parent
- Free Webinar Nov 20 - please consider this for ideas to use with struggling readers or writers (See email for details)
- Has resources for supporting students with Autism or any student who needs visual/additional supports ideas
Please keep in mind....
- "MET" will no longer be used (State is proposing language change) to describe an evaluation or an evaluation meeting. The term "Initial Evaluation" or "Reevaluation" will now be used instead. There will be no "MET Report" - it will be the "Initial Evaluation Report" or the "Reevaluation Report." There will be no "MET Meeting" as it will be the "Reevaluation Meeting." Please help remind one another, as it is not always easy to remember shifts like this! Thank you!
- Names from the invitation do not populate into the IEP. The names that come in are from old invites. Staff will have to put in the correct names and remove the incorrect ones. Please double check to make sure they are correct!!! KRESA is aware of this problem and they have put that on the list for correction for the next update.
- PLAAFP statement does not transfer from the Eligibility Recommendation to the IEP or vice versa. You will need to cut and paste.
Education would be much more effective if its purpose was to ensure that by the time they leave school every boy and girl should know how much they do not know, and be imbued with a lifelong desire to know it. ~William Haley
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- November 12, 2014 PLC (SSWs K-5 attend Elementary Schedule)
- November 25, 2014 All IEPs due at NOON (with signature pages attached)
- November 26-28, 2014 Thanksgiving Break
- December 1, 2014 - 2nd Trimester Begins
- Progress Reports Due Dec 8
- December 22- Jan 2, 2015 - Winter Break (All IEPs due in by December 18, 2014)