Save the Date!
February 10: FAFSA Night @ 5:30 p.m.
February 11: Signed Progress Reports Due
February 12: Ring Adjustments with Josten's @ 12:15
February 12: Pointe Coupee Parish School Board Meeting to discuss property tax proposal (5:30 p.m.)
February 13: District "Don't Stress the Test" Night
February 15: Mardi Gras Ball
February 17: Eagle Club (PTA) Meeting @ 6:00 p.m.
February 24-26: Mardi Gras Break (School Closed)
February 27-28: Teacher PD Days (No School for Students)
Important Dates this Spring!
- March 9-13: Book Fair
- March 17: ACT Test (all juniors)
- March 28: Prom
- May 15: Senior Awards Night
- May 21: Last Day of School & High School Graduation!
Special School Board Meeting on February 12
The meeting will be held at 337 Napoleon Street, New Roads, LA 70760. All school board meetings are open to the public and parents are welcome to attend.
Don't Stress the Test! to be held on February 13
When: February 13, 6:00-7:30 p.m..
Where: STEM Magnet Academy Gym
Who: Parents and Students in Grades 3-11
Eagle Club Meeting
Important: 2020 State Testing (LEAP 2025 Assessment)
State Testing Schedule for Grades 3-4
- Monday, April 27: Reading and Math
- Tuesday, April 28: Reading and Math
- Wednesday, April 29: Reading and Math
- Thursday, April 30: Science
- Friday, May 1: Social Studies
State Testing Schedule for Grades 5-8
- Wednesday, April 8: Social Studies
- Thursday, April 9: Social Studies
- Wednesday, April 22: Reading
- Thursday, April 23: Reading
- Friday, April 24: Math
- Monday, April 27: Math
- Tuesday, April 28: Science
- Wednesday, April 29: Science
State Testing Schedule for High School
- Wednesday, April 22: English I and English II
- Thursday, April 23: English I, English II, US History
- Friday, April 24: Algebra, Geometry, US History
- Monday, April 27: Algebra, Geometry
- Tuesday, April 28: Biology
- Wednesday, April 29: Biology
High school state assessments are a graduation requirement. Additionally, these assessments count as the final exam grade and 30% of the overall course grade for high school students.
Final Exam Schedule and AP Testing Schedule
The LEAP 2025 (formerly EOC) state assessment will count as the final exam for Algebra I, Geometry, US History, Biology, English I, and English II. An additional final exam will NOT be given in these courses.
Final Exam Schedule
- Seniors Only: May 4-7
- Thursday, May 14: 5th-6th Block
- Friday, May 15: 1st & 2nd Block
- Monday, May 18: 3rd & 4th Block
- Tuesday, May 19: 7th & 8th Block
These dates do NOT apply to dual enrollment courses. Dual enrollment courses must adhere to the final exam schedule issued by LSU.
AP Test Dates & Times
- May 4: AP Government and Politics
- May 5: AP Human Geography
- May 7: AP Physics
- May 8: AP US History
- May 11: AP Biology
- May 13: AP Microeconomics
- May 15: AP Computer Science Principles & AP Statistics
Only students who pre-registered for the AP tests will test on the above dates.
2020-2021 New Student Applications
We do have a few seats left in 3rd grade. Seats are VERY limited and interested families are strongly urged to apply. It is a lot easier to secure a seat in the early elementary grades. It is also beneficial for for students to be exposed to our curriculum at a young age.
The application is available on our website, sma.pcpsb.net. Please share this information with interested families. Applicants must have a 2.75 GPA and a clean behavior record. Applications will be accepted for grades 3-12.
If your child is currently enrolled in STEM, you DO NOT need to reapply. This application is only for students who wish to enter our school next year.
SMA Sweatshirts Available in STEM Office
Friendly Reminder about Approved Outerwear
As the temperatures drop, we would like to remind everyone of the approved outerwear.
- Only STEM Magnet Academy sweatshirts are allowed. If your child does not have a school sweatshirt, they may wear a uniform-approved jacket.
- Jackets, if not school official, must be solid purple, gray, black, or white. No “heather” or Sherpa jackets. Logos on jackets must not exceed 2x2.
- Solid purple, gray, black, or white leggings may be worn under skirts or jumpers.
Volunteer & Chaperone Policy (IMPORTANT)
- The school district is now requiring all volunteers, including field trip chaperones, to undergo a background check PRIOR to being able to volunteer for school activities and participate in field trips. All volunteers must also have a signed confidentiality agreement on file.
- Fingerprints must be done at the Louisiana State Police headquarters. The Louisiana State Police headquarters is located at 7919 Independence Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA.
- Click here to download the full volunteer packet & State Police forms.
- We truly appreciate and value all of our volunteers! Please remember that these steps are being taken for the safety of your child(ren).