The Hoffman HUM
Our Official Newsletter
¡Traduzca este boletín! 이 뉴스 레터를 번역하세요! Энэ мэдээг орчуулаарай! Przetłumacz ten biuletyn! | Переведите этот информационный бюллетень!
- Watch this short video for instructions on how to translate it into your language.
- Mire este breve video para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducirlo a su idioma.
- 귀하의 언어로 번역하는 방법에 대한 지침은이 짧은 비디오를 시청하십시오.
- Үүнийг хэрхэн богино хугацаанд өөрийн хэл рүү хөрвүүлэх зааврыг энэ видеоноос үзээрэй.
- Obejrzyj ten krótki film, aby uzyskać instrukcje, jak przetłumaczyć go na swój język.
- Посмотрите это короткое видео, чтобы узнать, как перевести его на ваш язык.
... from the principal's desk ...
Dear Hoffman families,
We hope this newsletter finds you well and that this summer has been fun and restful!
We have been busy getting the building ready for the 2023-24 school year and are excited to welcome your children. We cannot wait for a year of academic and social/emotional growth for each child, and all the fun that is in store.
Workers are busily doing construction at Hoffman right now to create beautiful new classrooms for our children for next year! Check out the video on our school facebook page to see the amazing amount of work!
This newsletter is full of important information for you for the start of the year, so please read and mark your calendars!
Arrival Begins: 7:35am
Classes Begin: 7:45am
Arrival Begins: 8:35am
Classes Begin: 8:45am
Wednesday, August 9
Community Connect Resource Fair at Attea Middle School starting at 3:00 pm.
Friday, August 11
Class Placements Available
**Log into PowerSchool to find out your child's assigned teacher
Email From District Transportation with bussing information
Monday, August 21
Board of Education Meeting at 7:30 pm
Wednesday, August 23
9:00 - 10:00 Meet and Greets - Open house format!
Thursday, August 24
First Day for Students Grades PreK - 8
Thursday, September 7 (Parents/Guardians ONLY)
Curriculum Night 6:30PM
Monday, September 4
Friday, September 8
Friday, September 24 and Monday, September 25
2023-2024 School Supplies
A BIG THANK YOU to the families that have already purchased supplies for your child/children for the 2023-24 school year!
We appreciate your support with our school supplies program! As has been shared, the goals of this program are as follows:
- To provide the same, high quality supplies, on the first day of school and throughout the school year for 100% of our students.
- To provide teachers with the brands and quantities needed on or before the first day of school.
- To provide families with a substantial cost savings by reusing items, leveraging our buying power, providing free shipping, and using our tax exempt status.
- To support a greener school by providing less waste, less packaging.
If you have not yet purchased supplies, please do so using this link:
PURCHASE HOFFMAN: https://hehopta.memberhub.com/store/items/860685
If you qualify for Free & Reduced, please reach out to the social worker for supply coverage.
News from Food Service
We’re looking forward to welcoming our students back to school for the 23-24 school year. Please see some helpful tips below:
Breakfast will cost $2.00 and lunch will cost $3.25 in our K-5 schools and $3.50 in our Middle Schools.
Please check your child’s lunch balance in PowerSchool before the first day of school.
Add funds to your child’s lunch account (via e~Funds or check/cash at any school).
Fall menus will be available on our website by early August.
If you require financial assistance, complete a 23-24 free & reduced meal application online here or scan the QR code .
If you need a paper application, please contact the Food Service Department.
Please reach out to our Food Service department with any question or concerns, email@example.com
Free Summer Meals
Mark Your Calendar: 2023 Community Connect Fair
Get ready for the 2023-2024 school year by connecting with friends, neighbors, and community resources!
Join us on Wednesday, August 9 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm at Attea Middle School (2500 Chestnut Avenue, Glenview). You can connect with resources, including:
- D34 Registration/Residency
- D34 Transportation
- D34 Food & Nutrition Services
- D34 HR: Explore D34 as a great place to work!
- D34 Parent Organizations (Gelfand, GEF, PTAs & BPACs)
- Health providers with opportunities for back-to-school physicals
- Northfield Township (food pantry and emergency services)
- Family Service Center (counseling services)
- Youth Services of Glenview (counseling/other support services)
- North Shore Legal Aid Clinic
- Village of Glenview & Glenview Senior Services
- Glenview Public Library
- Glenview Park District
- …and so much more!
District 34 Important Forms and Information
Click Here for the following forms:
Authorization And Permission For Administration Of Medication
Bus Rider Reminders
Cell Phone Use Agreement and Permission Form
Dental Exam Form (completed for Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grades)
Dental Exam Waiver
District Policies/Handbook Info
Eye Exam Form
Eye Exam Waiver
Health Examination Form