BURLESON ELEMENTARY NEWS
MARCH 11, 2021
BRONCOVILLE AR STORE
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
We are in our last quarter of the year when we return from Spring Break! Our last quarter of school will be very busy and it is important your students push themselves to excel! We hope you all have a safe and relaxing break!
¡Tuvimos un excelente tercer trimestre y los estudiantes siempre disfrutan comprando en Broncoville! ¡Los estudiantes son máquinas de lectura! Los estudiantes de quinto grado administran las tiendas y hacen un gran trabajo como líderes para nuestros estudiantes más jóvenes. Agradecemos todo el apoyo en casa y los que donan juguetes para las tiendas. ¡Agradecemos su generosidad!
¡Estamos en nuestro último trimestre del año cuando regresamos de las vacaciones de primavera! ¡Nuestro último trimestre de la escuela estará muy ocupado y es importante que sus estudiantes se esfuercen por sobresalir! ¡Esperamos que todos tengan un descanso seguro y relajante!
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Bb.
- Focus on number recognition. This week our number is 15.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday. Please write down words read on log.
- Please remember a water bottle every day.
Thank you for all your support!! Mrs. A 😊
I want to thank you all for everything you do for your child's education! They have grown so much this school year. I can't believe they are almost firsties!! How exciting!!
- Practice new sight words... they are getting more difficult, and the students need all the exposure they can get.
- Spelling list will go home Thursday the 25th and we will test the following Thursday.
- As always - read, read, read over the break. They have made huge gains and I don't want them to fall back 🙂
Have a safe and happy spring break!
· Sight word test tomorrow over the pink words.
· Spelling test tomorrow.
· Please bring library books and a water bottle to school every day.
· If your child is absent please call the office and message me on class dojo.
Thank you for taking the time to meet with me about your child. Have a GREAT spring break!!
* Please continue to practice math facts over spring break. We will continue with -7 after the break.
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR tests!!!
* Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
* Please remember to send a water bottle with your child/children each and every day. They get thirsty and the water fountains are closed.
- make sure your child reads over Spring Break
- we have started our spiraling STAAR review and it is very important your child is here everyday
- continue checking Dojo messages regularly! We don't want you to miss out on any information
- Have a fabulous Spring Break!
In math we are learning about how to find equivalent fractions on a number line and by drawing fraction bars.
In science we are finishing up learning about how the sun is important to the Earth.
There is no math fact homework this week.
After spring break we are preparing for the STAAR test!!! It is imperative that your child is here every day!!
· A big Thank You to all those that conferenced with Mrs. Bell and I on Monday. We truly appreciate you!
· We are working hard preparing for the writing STAAR Test on April 6th
· As always… Read, Read, Read! – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you monitor what your child is reading and initial your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read.
· In Social Studies we are learning about the early years of annexation into the United States.
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask and refillable water bottle every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
-I feel like 5th grade students are starting to shut down.
-Please take it easy during Spring Break. Let us recharge and be ready to finish up the school year.
Let's be safe and enjoy our time off!! 🙂
*As we get closer to STAAR test it is very important for students to be at school EVERY DAY
*Please ensure students are READING DAILY at home!
*bring WATER and MASK daily
EARLY RELEASE TOMORROW FRIDAY, MARCH 12TH @ 12:55
MARCH 15 - 19
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00.
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
MARCH LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.