Back to School Edition
Acton Elementary is a Targeted Assistance School through Title I. What does this mean for Acton Elementary? The mission of Title I is to provide a continuum of services and resources to Title I schools that enrich curriculum and instruction, promote interaction and coordination of supplementary services and resources, and result in excellence and high expectations for educators and students. Through collective efforts, we endeavor to increase accountability for all participants in the educational process; enhance cooperation between school and home; provide educators in Title I schools with greater autonomy for shared decision-making; and most importantly, promote increased educational performance of students attending Title I schools.
We are very excited to welcome our new Future Flashes into our schools for the upcoming school year! Below you will find all the information you need to get your student enrolled. Follow the steps to begin registration!
1. Determine which school your student will attend by following the link to our School Boundary Map. Alternatively, you can enter your address and grade level on the School/Transportation Search page to find your school.
2. Gather the following documents:
- 1 proof of residency (Utility bill, lease agreement, etc.)
- Student’s birth certificate (Student needs to be at least five (5) years old by August 1st)
- Immunization records
- Photo ID
3. Complete the online registration form:
- If you are NEW to Franklin Township Schools, complete the form here.
- If you have a student currently enrolled, please log into your Infinite Campus Parent portal account and follow the Online Registration link to register your NEW student. If you need your Infinite Campus Parent portal login information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you are unable to complete the online form, you may visit your elementary school to complete registration at one of our computer kiosks.
4. Bring your documents to your elementary school for processing.
If you have a student that is currently enrolled in a FTCSC school and will be returning for the 2018-2019 school year, please register your student for the 2018-2019 school year. Please follow the steps in the attached document. The first day for the 2018-2019 school year is Wednesday, August 1st.
1. Click the link to the Infinite Campus portal: https://ic.ftcsc.k12.in.us/campus/portal/franklin.jsp
2. Then, enter your IC PARENT User Name and Password
3. ****Parents/Legal Guardians: If you do NOT have your PARENT user account log on information, please send an email to email@example.com from the email address you have on file with the school district.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT!
Classroom Teacher Presentations:
K Orientation- 5-5:45
Ice Cream will be served in the cafeteria.
Families will be able to tour the school and complete important Back to School tasks around the building.
Textbook Rental Payments- Front Office (cash and check only)
Car Rider Tags- Front Office
Star Express Breakfast and Lunch Accounts- Cafeteria
Bus Routes - Foyer
Infinite Campus Returning Student Enrollment and sign up for the IC Parent Portal. - Computer Labs
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
30 Back to School Night/Ice Cream Social
31 Professional Day for Teachers
1 First student day
9 Hearing Screenings
10 Acton Family Cookout
27 School Board Meeting
3 Labor Day
4 Evacuation Drill
4 PTO Meeting
7 Mid-term grades posted
10 Friendship Week
17 Talent Show
21 All Pro Dads
21 PTO Fundraiser Day
24 School Board Meeting
27 Homecoming Parade
28 PBIS Convo
5 End of Quarter
10-11 Elementary Parent/Teacher Conferences
15-19 Fall Break
22 Students return
Bus Route information: https://ftcsc.org/acton/transportation/bus-route-information/
2018-2019 IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
The State of Indiana has published the new immunization requirements for the 2018-19 school year. Below you will find how the new requirements affect different grade levels.
· Hepatitis A will be required for grades K-4, 6, and 12. Requirements have been phased in the last few years, eventually to be required at all levels. Hepatitis A is a series of 2 shots given 6 months apart.
· Tdap and MCV4, as well as 2 doses of Hep A, are required for all students for grade 6. Parents of current 5th graders should arrange appointments now. If your student is not yet 11 years old, arrange the appointment for the few days after the birthday. A second dose of MCV4, as well as 2 doses of Hep A, are required for grade 12. Parents of current 11th graders should arrange appointments now so that the shots are completed prior to the start of school.
Please contact your student’s doctor now so that appointments are available and may be completed prior to the start of school. The availability of appointments diminishes greatly as summer approaches. The Marion County Health Department’s phone is 317-221-5700, and offers appointments on some days of the week. In addition to private providers and the MCHD, other resources include Walgreen’s clinics or other pharmacies. Please confirm for your particular insurance coverage and for minimum age, if applicable.
REMIND TEXT MESSAGES
Remind is another great way to stay connected to Acton. You just text the number 81010 and enter message @actonele and press send. We will send out messages/reminders and you will simply receive theM as a text message. We have no access to cell phone numbers nor does anyone else in this group. You can not reply to the message as no one will receive them.
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION
If you plan to volunteer this school year, please follow these instructions to get your background check started
The following volunteers will need a criminal history check:
1. Any person who will be working with students for extended periods of time – either consecutive hours or on a regular schedule.
2. Any person who will be in a position to supervise students – this includes but not limited to field trips (at all levels, including band and choir trips) or taking a group of students out of a classroom for remediation work.
3. Any person who will be alone with a student.
*NOTE: VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE NO LONGER FREE OF CHARGE. THE FEE IS APPROXIMATELY $16.00 PER VOLUNTEER. If you wish to proceed, please follow the instructions and click on link below.
• Please select VOLUNTEER for "Position"
• Make sure your name is spelled correctly
• Please complete the entire form, all fields with *are required
• Please select the school or schools for which you request to volunteer
• Select I Agree and then Submit
All schools have access to the volunteer data base and can verify a clear background check. If there is an issue with the background check that will affect the ability to volunteer, that volunteer will be notified. This comprehensive background check will be active for two years. You will receive an email notification once the background check is clear. You will also be notified when it is about to expire.
Below is the link to pre-register. Thank you for helping us keep our kids safe.