もくようび - Thursday
Submit L2 Speaking Assignment
Do you have language coaching today?
- Students who are signed up for Tuesday/Thursday language coaching sessions will attend their first coaching session today!
- Watch the video posted in Wednesday's announcement for details on how to attend coaching.
- Try to be 10-15 minutes early for coaching for the first few times to make sure everything works correctly. Then going forward, try to be 5-10 minutes early for coaching so your coach can get started immediately.
- Remember that you can call in for coaching if needed using a regular phone. There is also a smart phone app that will allow you to attend coaching. See Saturday's announcement for details.
- If you did not attend your scheduled coaching session and need to make up, please try your best to make it up today.
- Remember that you can make up a missed session with ANY coach at any time a Japanese 1 coaching session is happening. Check the coaching schedule posted under the My Coach link for details.
Upcoming Progress Reports
To view your missing assignments: Click on the My Grades tab (on the left hand navigational toolbar) and see if you have any assignments marked with a 0 or no submission. If you see any, make a note of what you're missing and make a plan to submit it this week.
If you need help with your assignments, contact me, ask your coach or visit the link to the peer tutoring center below.
Late start students have some extra time to complete their assignments but please be sure you are working hard to catch up.
NCVPS offers a FREE peer tutoring center for all students of Japanese 1 to receive some extra help or practice with the course material. Click the button above to access it and log in with your NCVPS ID and password.
Lesson 2 Speaking Assignment Due Today
Review the Grading Rubric for the assignment and make sure you include all of the criteria listed in the assignment.
You must respond to 2 classmates' recordings for full credit.
To get some ideas of the kinds of things you may want to include in your speaking assignment, watch Tanaka san's video posted in yesterday's announcement and listen carefully for pronunciation.
You might also want to watch this week's video featuring Sakura and Daichi again a few times before recording your assignment.
Listen carefully to how Sakura and Daichi pronounce this week's vocabulary words - this is how you'll want them to sound like in your recording. Check out the link below. (hint, hint) ;)
A Little Speaking Assignment Hint
New Bern koukou ni ikimasu.
So basically it's just your high school name followed by koukou (high school) and ni ikimasu which means "I go." We'll talk about the particle ni and the verb ikimasu later in class, but for now you just need to know how to say it. :)
Click the link above for instructions on how to do your speaking assignments. Read the directions carefully! ^_^
Congratulations to Thomas W.
Congratulations to Thomas W. and thank you very much for your service to our country! Semper Fidelis!
Are you working on something totally awesome or did you just accomplish something noteworthy? Please let me know and I will feature *YOU* and your accomplishment as one of our daily celebrations. :)
Welcome New Late Start Students!
To all students - regardless of when you started... By the end of the day today all introductory/orientation module material should be completed. Check your grades for any 0s or no submissions. Let me know if you need help with any of those introductory assignments.
All welcome calls must be completed by FRIDAY - no exceptions. Schedule your call with me now if you have not done so already.
Sign up for your welcome call at a time where you and a parent or guardian are both available. Remember to provide a phone # where I can reach you too!