WHITELEY WILDCAT UPDATE
August 15, 2021
MEET THE TEACHER
As a reminder, Meet the Teacher is Tuesday morning August 17th. We are excited to have our students back for another year of learning and fun. We understand that many parents will be coming to Meet the Teacher prior to heading off to work. In order to provide a safe opportunity for all we are going to kindly ask families to assist us in the following ways:
- Families with their last name beginning with the letters A-K attend between 8:30-9:00
- Families with their last name beginning with the letters L-Z attend between 9:00-9:30
- Please limit the number of family members attending Meet the Teacher
- All individuals entering the school building must wear a mask
- All individuals will self-certify by initializing next to their child's name on the class list that will be posted.
- Families may enter through the main entrance, door #3 or door #8.
- This is an opportunity to drop off supplies, any necessary forms, and briefly meet the teacher. Please remember conferences and curriculum nights are at a later time.
- Classrooms will have a designated spot for forms that need to go to the school office.
- Meet The Teacher ends at 9:30 and all staff will need to attend meetings at 9:30
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Morning Drop-Off Procedures
We have specific procedures for morning drop-off that we are asking our families to follow. This will allow our process to run smoothly and provide safety for our students. Supervision begins at 8:35 a.m. in the morning. We ask that parents that are driving pull their car all the way forward to allow other cars into the drop-off line. Students should have all the items with them and be ready to exit the vehicle once you pull into the drop-off line. Students should exit on the sidewalk side of the lot. Students in K-2nd grade will enter through door 3, and students in grades 3 - 6 will walk to door 8 and enter through that entrance.
Dismissal (Pick-Up Procedures)
D15 RETURN TO LEARN, RECONNECT, AND RE-ENGAGE PLAN
While the planning and preparations to meet the state’s guidelines are challenging, we are so grateful to have the opportunity to reopen our schools. Thank you for your ongoing support through this pandemic. You have my commitment that our 2021-22 Return-to-Learn, Reconnect, and Re-engage Plan will place the safety of staff and students at the forefront of our planning efforts.
Please read our latest D15 eNews for the most recent Return-to-Learn and COVID update information.
—Dr. Laurie Heinz, Superintendent
CHROMEBOOKS FOR GRADES 3RD AND 4TH GRADE STUDENTS
BREAKFAST FOR STUDENTS
August 17th-Meet The Teacher (8:30-9:30)
August 18th-First Day of School for grades 1st-6th
August 19th-First Day of Kindergarten
August 31st- Curriculum Night K-2nd @ 6:30
September 1st-Curriculum Night -3rd-6th @ 6:30
September 6th-Labor Day No School
September 7th-Fall Pictures
September 8th- School Board Meeting @ 7:00
September 15th- P.T.A. Meeting @ 7:00