Okaloosa ESE Parent Newsletter
2023 Summer Training Institute on Autism: Advances in Evidence-Based Practice for Autism Spectrum Disorder
Who should attend?
This free webinar is for anyone who is interested in or touched by autism. It will intrigue interdisciplinary professionals and college students, families, and anyone else interested in learning more about autism.
This Training Institute is designed to prepare educators and service providers to understand the social communication, behavioral, and learning characteristics of children and adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The Training Institute will present new findings on evidence-based practices and offer practical strategies for implementing these practices for individuals with ASD in educational and community settings.
Make sure to register for Each Day you plan to attend. It’s FREE to attend, but you MUST register. We encourage you to register for all three days. Resources provided by the Summer Training Institute’s Featured Speakers will be uploaded to the Resource Page when the Institute begins along with the opportunity to complete an evaluation for each day.
Registration for LRP Subscription
The Florida Department of Education has provided a FREE subscription to LRP's Special Ed Connection for all families of students served by an Individual Education Plan in the state of Florida. Completing this form will register you to receive this free subscription.
You will receive information from LRP via separate email within two weeks.
Questions? Please contact Georganna Gordon, FDLRS Coordinator, at 469-5423 or 1-888-445-9662.
2023 ESE Parent Survey
Per federal requirements set out in The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA):
Please complete the following survey for your child with an IEP. If you have more than one child with an IEP, please complete one survey for each child.
The information gathered remains anonymous and will be used to provide support/resources for parents and students with IEPs. Results will be compiled at the district and school level.
The survey may be accessed at the following link, or through the QR code below. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ESEParentSurvey
Websites of Interest to Students and Parents
- Cool Math 4 Kids. Access this resource at https://www.coolmath4kids.com/
- Fun, Easy English. Access this resource at http://funeasyenglish.com/
- Interactive Lesson Activities that Span all Grade Levels and Subjects. Access this resource at https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/student-activities/
- IXL Reading and Math Activities/Lessons. Access this resource at https://www.ixl.com/promo?partner=bing&adGroup=kids+math+websites&campaign=1690&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search%20-%20General%
- Learning Chocolate - Free vocabulary games. Access this resource at http://www.learningchocolate.com/
- List of Learning Sites for Kids. Access this resource at http://bestkidswebsites.com/category/math/
- MES Games for ESL Students. Access this resource at http://www.marks-english-school.com/games.html
- Math Cats. Access this resource at http://mathcats.com/
- Math Multiplication Games. Access this resource at http://www.multiplication.com/games/all-games
- Reading Websites for Elementary Students. Access this resource at http://www.rakisradresources.com/2013/07/top-10-reading-students-for-elementary.html
Please contact your child’s school ESE Case Manager, School Counselor, Staffing Specialist, or Administrator. If requesting more support, or you still have questions, please contact one of the individuals below.
Program Director, ESE
Amy Bowles Phone: (850)833-3164
Kathy Ard Phone: (850)833-3164