Boone Meadow Friday Flyer
November 20th, 2020
Dear Boone Meadow Families -
Thank you, everyone for your continued support and encouragement these days. We have much to be thankful for in the Boone Meadow Village.
I'm thankful for...
- Children that desire to learn.
- Children that are empowered as leaders and thinkers.
- Teachers that care and treat children like family.
- Families that collaborate and support through thoughtful words and actions.
- A PTO that persists in being supportive.
- The generosity of local businesses that support through "Dine for Dollars" opportunities or donations (i.e. Chick-fil-A sandwiches!)
- Dogs in the car line.
- Encouraging words to one another.
- A school board and superintendent that keep their boots to the ground and serve this school family/community through hard times.
- Team Meadow
- Rick Rodriguez...our lead custodian.
I could go on and on. Even in the craziness of 2020, I am thankful.
Thank you for being a blessing to us.
The Real Housedogs of Boone Meadow - Episode: 2
We are in week 2 of featuring our Boone Meadow canine family. If your pup isn't in this episode, keep a watchful eye for future features.
Hello BME Families! It is hard to believe that the holiday season of 2020 is already upon us. What a great time to share some holiday cheer with our teachers and staff at BME! This year, the BME PTO has created "Operation: Adopt Team Meadow!" for Holiday gifting from our BME families. For those of you who sign up, we ask that you please reach out to fellow class families and neighbors and collect funds so that each BME Staff member and teacher is included! You are essentially a point person and coordinator for an awesome holiday surprise for the staff member you have selected. We hope that this will allow for a lot of contributions to bless the teachers and staff in a BIG way!
2020 is already a year to remember, let's make the holidays extra special for Team Meadow. Thank you for your continued support of the BME PTO!
PTO Poinsettia Sale
- Orders & payment due Tuesday, Dec 2nd (check or Paypal)
- Checks made out to BME PTO
- Delivery date: Fri, December 11th
- Pick Up at BME front lot 3PM-6PM on December 11th
Questions: Email Jackie Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents of BME Remote Learners:
Many families of remote learners have asked about having a directory to be able to contact other remote families. We have a ZCS parent volunteered to create this for you should you desire to participate. Chas Biediger (from PVE) has created a link for each remote classroom where you can add your contact information. Once this is received she will share the directory with any parents who have signed up. Please note this is completely voluntary and this will only be shared by Chas with other families who wish to have their information published. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your teacher or Christine Squier at email@example.com.
- Callie Surface https://forms.gle/CszaEtVzyTu2aEpB6
- Jill McCune https://forms.gle/YhgsgyxoU7vH48HT7
- MacKenzine Orbaugh https://forms.gle/7rpMptXNTc8jo9JJ7
- Jamie Smith https://forms.gle/c3oGaoKcuuecQzrx7
- Rebekah Graham https://forms.gle/uMLQXNfAUjdAKfuD6
- Kelly Mattingly https://forms.gle/eUHYNxJFUp8xEJ4S7
- Melinda Strawmyer https://forms.gle/Sm4kERb9VizjRMZg9
- Michelle Weesies https://forms.gle/9W81D5GenUrhd6pa8
- Lynne Munley https://forms.gle/A2gy4VUYuoF1GZPb9
- Erin Nahrstadt https://forms.gle/aHX5UwMUR5mhE4Eb6
- Kellie Valentine https://forms.gle/sYdq1qBAYpLbNRgm8
- Stephanie Compton https://forms.gle/L6BhPE3c38GiCgi37
- Lindsay McGuire https://forms.gle/t8Guovfzf8AUQMWr6
Arrival and Dismissal Notes:
Below, you will find some updates regarding arrival and dismissal:
- Thank you for keeping our fire lane clear until signaled by staff to pull up. The fire lane must remain clear as much as possible for potential emergency needs and school deliveries.
- Displaying car/family numbers in an easy to see manner is greatly beneficial. Ball point pen writing on a post it placed on your dash is hard for my old eyes to see, so bold numbers hanging from the rear view mirror or attached to the passenger sun visor assists in moving vehicles efficiently through the line.
- Please reduce idling when possible. The build up of vehicle emissions is not only harmful for the environment, but also creates unhealthy air quality for staff and students.
Walker/Bikers: This year, we have 30-40 more daily walkers/bikers than years past. Therefore, we will continue to assist with crossing Main Street by having staff present whenever possible. Please note the following items:
Significant weather (walkers/bikers) - When weather is inclement with heavy rain, heavy snow, sleet, etc...walking to school is highly discouraged. The office team will make the decision if staff will be present at the crosswalk.
- If families decide to walk to school and no crosswalk staff is present, an adult or family member must safely escort students to the front doors. The doors will open at 7:50 for arrival, and families should wait at the front doors with their students until the doors open.
Dismissal on inclement weather days: Walkers and bikers will be dismissed after car riders (approximately 2:35). This allows families to use the car line for pick up. Simply display your family number while you are in line and pick up your child(ren) at the front door with staff assistance.
In the event of questionable or severe weather, families must utilize the car rider procedures instead of walking/biking. (stormy weather, lightning, sleet, you need to get Toto before going to the Land of Oz...)
Please do not bypass the car rider line and request to pick up students from the parking lot, other school sidewalks, etc... Again, we must adhere to all procedures for the safety of students and staff.
Upcoming Events & Important Info
November 25-27- Thanksgiving Break
December 2 - Soupremacy (Dine for Dollars); Poinsettia Sale orders due
December 10 - Hannakah begins
December 11 - Poinsettia Sale delivery & pick up (3-6)
December 16 - Noble Romans Dine for Dollars (5-9)
December 18 - End of Qtr 2
December 21 - January 1 - Winter Break
January 18 - MLK Jr. Day (no school)
January 19 - No School
February 12 - Chinese New Year
February 14 - Valentine's Day
February 15 - Presidents Day - No School
February 17 - Ash Wednesday
March 12 - End of Quarter 3
March 14 - Daylight Savings Time
March 17 - St. Patrick's Day
March 28 - Palm Sunday/Passover
April 2 - April 9 - Spring Break
April 2 - Good Friday
April 4 - Easter
April 13 - Ramadan Starts
April 15 - ZWest Music visit to BME
May 5 - Cinco de Mayo
May 13 - Eid
May 26 - Last day of school
May 27 - Teacher work day
May 31 - Memorial Day
Some COVID tests are not currently accepted by the Department of Health for return to school/work –
- The only negative result that will allow a child/staff member back into school is a PCR. (Per IN Dept of Health and Boone County Health Department, a negative rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 is not acceptable for a return to school.)
- Schools can accept any antigen test if it comes back positive---We will treat as a positive case (Through this process, we will inform you of isolation/quarantine protocols as required by the state and county health departments.)
- If a family/household member has a PCR antigen test that comes back negative and the individual has no symptoms, then no other testing is necessary. Students can return to school.
- If symptomatic and rapid antigen comes back negative then a follow up PCR test is required due to the high rate of false negatives in the rapid antigen test.
Important NOTE: * If an individual has had a close contact with a positive COVID case, a negative test cannot shorten the quarantine period.
ZCS and the Zionsville Diversity Coalition partnered to create a list of mentor texts that support our elementary adopted literacy curriculum. Books donated will be placed in our elementary classrooms for teachers to use and to offer our students mirrors (seeing themselves), windows (seeing others), and doors (opportunities to learn about differences) because in ZCS, EVERYONE BELONGS!
You can utilize School Pay to pay for textbook rentals and to fund lunch accounts. Information about School Pay as well as additional lunch details, such as the monthly menu, can be found on the Food Services website.