Physical Signs of DS
- decreased or poor muscle tone
- short neck, with excess skin at the back of the neck
- Flattened facial profile and nose
- small head, ears, and mouth
- upward slanting eyes, often with a a skin fold that comes out from the upper eyelid and covers the inner corner of the eye.
- Teachers shouldn't treat children with down syndrome differently just because they have a disability.
- Children with down syndrome learn better by being shown pictures or being read too.
- Teachers should expect better behavior, attitude from the children.