This Week in Religious Education
What is happening for children, youth, and families at OUUC
A Simpler Sunday
You may have heard that there will be a BIG book sale at OUUC this Saturday! It's a great and fun event, and I hope you all get a chance to come check it out.
It's also a BIG disruption to our classrooms, so this Sunday will be Simple. We will not hold all of our usual classes, but will instead stream line a bit. Please join us for a simple class on Sunday!
This Sunday: February 24th
- Nursery Care
- All Ages Spirit Play: The Flaming Chalice Lesson
- Nursery Care
- All Ages Music Sunday - let's learn some UU songs
- Middle School group workshop on Christianity
- High School youth laser tag meet-up (meeting elsewhere, RSVP to our DRE if you are coming)
- Parent/Child Kindergarten-1st grade Our Whole Lives
Sunday and Every Day: Taking it Home
Last Sunday the kids learned the story of David and Goliath, and talked about what small beings can accomplish, and how we can trust ourselves and our own abilities.
Discuss it at home:
- What responsibilities are children trusted with in your family? How does it feel to be trusted with responsibility?
- How do we earn trust and earn responsibility? Are people in your family ready for more of both? If not, what do they need in order to grow in trust and in responsibility?
Yours in Faith,
Sara Lewis, credentialed religious educator, master level
Director of Lifespan Religious Education
Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 10am-2pm
Available by appointment: Saturday through Thursday
Change of Sabbath:
Sabbath Day (when I will not check email or respond to calls): Friday
360-786-6383 x. 102