Allen ISD Welcome Back!
A Guide To Successfully Returning To Our Campuses
A Return to In-Person Learning
Allen ISD Parents,
Thank you for your continued partnership during these first three weeks of At-Home Learning. Beginning on September 2, our students who chose the In-Person Learning option will return to campus. If you chose At-Home Learning, you will continue learning from home.
For our students who will return to campus, we cannot wait to see you in person! As always, the safety of our students and staff is our utmost priority, so we have a few pieces of vital information to share that will help all of our students make as seamless a transition as possible.
At-Home Learners - be sure to continue logging into your classes, meeting your deadlines and connecting with your teachers. We are proud of you and hope to see you soon.
Whether you are an In-Person or At-Home Learner, we hope you find the following information helpful.
In-Person Learners, don't forget to bring these items with you on September 2.
Daily Items to Bring With You
- Student ID cards - Student IDs will be used daily for items like checking out books or buying lunch
- Masks are required district-wide for students 4th grade and up. Masks are highly encouraged for students in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade. Masks will be worn in classrooms and common areas. Masks may be removed temporarily to consume food or drink or to engage in physical activity outdoors where a safe distance can occur.
- Technology - If you were issued a device from your school, please plan to bring this device to school every day. Your student will be using this device during the day and will bring it back home with them every night.
Allen ISD School Hours
Middle Schools: 8:20 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Lowery Freshman Center: 8:45 a.m. to 4:05 p.m
Allen High School: 8:50 a.m. to 4:10 p.m.
STEAM Center: 7:20 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Changes to Curbside Meal Service
Because of increased safety and social distancing standards, Student Nutrition will offer curbside meal service providing meal bundles daily for Allen ISD students (K-12) at four school locations. Curbside meals are offered daily Monday-Friday. Meal pick-up times are 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Meals must be purchased as a complete bundle and will contain that day's lunch and the following day's breakfast and cannot be purchased separately. To receive meals parents/guardians will need to complete an order form every week for by the cut-off time for each Allen ISD student who would like meal service.
Please review all information below before ordering or picking-up meals.
All meal bundles are priced according to the student’s eligibility. Parents and/or students may pick up the meal bundles by scanning their student’s ID Card or providing their student’s ID number. ID Cards will be distributed at your child’s school. To help ensure a smooth purchasing process, please ensure that there is adequate funding to your child’s PayPams account or purchase meal bundles using cash or check by placing funds in an envelope with your child’s name and ID and depositing at the curbside meal station at one of the five locations. Students are encouraged to pick up meal bundles at the closest location to their regularly assigned school. However, any Allen ISD student can receive meals at any of the four locations (one bundle per student per day).
Tips for Bus Riders
- Bus routes will run on a “normal” schedule for both arrival and dismissal.
- All buses will have hand sanitizer dispensers placed in the stairwells for use when loading and unloading.
- Buses will be sanitized daily after the AM routes and again after the PM routes.
- Student ridership capacity will be limited to 56 students.
- Bus windows will be partially open during routes to provide for ventilation when possible.
- All students, grades Pre-K through 12th, will be required to wear a face covering while riding the bus.
- Students will load the bus back to front and unload front to back in order to minimize contact.
- Students will have assigned seating.
- Families will be encouraged to walk, carpool, or drop off students to reduce contact.
Allen ISD COVID-19 Prevention, Mitigation and Response Procedures
- As part of the registration process, parents are asked to sign a COVID-19 Student Health Screening Agreement verifying they will screen their students for COVID-19 symptoms before sending them to school.
- Parents/Guardians must screen their children daily and ensure they do not send a child to school on campus if the child has COVID-19 symptoms, is lab-confirmed with COVID-19, or has had close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed with COVID-19 until the 14-day incubation period has passed.
- All essential visitors will be subject to screening by an AISD employee.
- Visitors who do not pass or are not willing to complete the screener will be temporarily prohibited from being on the campus.
Individuals Confirmed or Suspected with COVID-19 Symptoms and Re-Admission
- Staff or students who have had known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, cannot return to campus until the end of a 14-day self-quarantine period from the last date of exposure.
- Staff or students diagnosed with COVID-19 cannot return to campus until ALL three (3) of the following criteria have been met:
- Fever-free for at least 24 hours (without fever-reducing medicine)
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath)
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
Protocol for confirmed case of COVID-19 in the School
- If an individual who has been in a school is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, the school will notify our district health coordinator who will notify the local health department. Under the guidance of the local health department, contact tracing will begin.
- Allen ISD will notify teachers, staff, and families of all students in a school if a lab-confirmed COVID-19 case is identified among students, teachers, or staff who participate in any on-campus activities.
- Parents/Guardians of students who are identified as having been in close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed will be notified.
Cleaning Protocol for Lab-Confirmed Case of COVID-19 in the School
Once a case is “Lab confirmed” positive, the Facilities Department will be notified of the affected area. Allen ISD will thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas recently occupied by the affected employee or student. As an additional pro-active measure, the Facilities Department and the Health Services Department communicate each day by 4 p.m. to identify any areas of the building that need disinfecting due to a COVID-19 case.
The areas affected will be marked closed for cleaning with Allen ISD signage and then disinfected. Once all affected areas of the building are disinfected, they will be re-opened for use.
- Teachers will arrange the desks to maximize space between students
- Traffic flow protocols will be campus-specific, but students may anticipate seeing such protocols as one-way hallways, clear directions posted in hallways to minimize traffic congestion, and visual reminders to maintain social distancing.
- At this time we are unable to welcome visitors to our buildings. We hope that this is only temporary and we will communicate district-wide when this restriction is lifted.
- At this time, we cannot accept deliveries of any kind on our campuses. This includes lunch, books, forgotten homework, student birthday items, or gift deliveries. This protocol also pertains to staff.
- Exceptions to the delivery policy will only be made for medical needs such as medication, glasses, hearing devices etc.