Mrs. Frank's Class Update!
All the News That's Fit to Click!
- Quarter 2 Progress Grades will be emailed this week. Students who need to catch up will have a chance to this week and next before we head out for Winter Break.
- Capitalization Quiz on Edmodo--This quiz is on Edmodo and will be taken in class on Tues. 12/8 & Wed. 12/9. It can be taken at home if your child is absent and needs to make it up. Students should use the Capitalization Packet to study. An answer key is also available on Edmodo.
- Field Trip to Yes Theater's 7th & 8th Grades One-Act Plays: Fri. 12/11, 9:00-11:45a.
- Illuminated Manuscripts--We started this creative writing project which connects to history on Monday, Dec. 7. First drafts are due Mon. 12/14. Final drafts are due on Friday, Dec. 18.
- Staff Development Day Monday, January 4, 2016.
- School Starts for Students Tuesday, January 5, 2016.
- Quarter 2 ends January 22nd.
- Happy Holidays!
Keep Reading! It's easy! Just keep looking for books you LIKE to read!
- Students need to keep reading through Winter Break! I ask students to read 20-30 minutes everyday and to record the books they read on their Daily Reading Log.
- Reading is a big part of their development, so I urge students to keep searching for the books they will love, and to keep striving to enjoy reading.
- Students will receive EXTRA CREDIT if they keep a reading log over Winter Break. They also have the option to earn 10-EXTRA CREDIT points if they create a Movie Poster for their book. Requirements for this optional project will be on Edmodo.
- **When we return from Winter Break, students will write a character analysis essay on a character from the partner novel they have been reading.**