The DiPiet Beat
November 11 - 15
Traduções? Traducciones? ترجمة؟ Translations?
Se você precisar deste documento traduzido, por favor enrole ao fundo da página para a característica de tradução.
Si usted necesita este documento traducido, por favor desplácese a la parte inferior de la página para la característica de traducción.
إذا كنت بحاجة إلى ترجمة هذا المستند ، فالرجاء التمرير إلى أسفل الصفحة للحصول على ميزة الترجمة.
If you need this document translated, please scroll to the bottom of the page for the translation feature.
About this week and some more....
Happenings for this week:
- No School - Veterans Day. Thank you to our Veterans for their service.
- Grade 3: MakerSpace program throughout the day
- Happy Thursday!
- Grades 1 & 2: Fire Safety.
On a Different Note:
- As we have shared before, you WILL NOT be receiving printed report cards. You will need SchoolBrains access to see your child's report card. If you have not yet set this up please send an email to Mr. Maxwell at firstname.lastname@example.org to get signed up.
- 11/18 - 11/22: Book Fair
- 11/20 & 11/21: Conferences please contact your teacher immediately if you are not yet signed up for a conference
- 11/21: Early Release for students
- 11/22: Early Release
From the Principal's Desk
It is officially cold!!
I like to think that the month of November should have us focus on being thankful since we do celebrate "THANKS"giving. :) We have a lot to be thank for here at DiPietro and I have a lot to be thankful for both personally and professionally.
With Veterans Day approaching, let me first thank our veterans, and their families, for their service. I have to admit, I have a weakness for the YouTube videos that show reunions between those in the military and their families/pets. I've been lucky enough to witness such an exciting moment in person twice in my last school for both a 5th grader (her brother surprised her at school) and twins (their grandfather surprised them after being away year). Emotional does not even begin to describe how pretty much every adult felt.
We'd also like to take a moment to thank all of you who support us at school in a variety of ways...especially more recently when Mrs. Tavares's class enjoyed the YMCA fun afternoon for raising the most funds for the DiPietro Dash. Thank you to the Y for putting together a wonderful afternoon and to the PTO for making it all happen. We had fun!
And while the list of what I am thankful for could go on and on I promise this is the last paragraph. :) The staff at DiPietro...they make the day fun and experiential for children. Our cafeteria staff literally make every child feel welcome with their smiles and knowledge of students' names and food preferences. The custodial staff work hard to make the teachers, and my, life easier so we can focus on the children. Our teachers, techs and ILAs truly enjoy children. I am in awe as to how often I hear teachers ask students to take on challenges/hard tasks and the children do it. This is because they are continuously building relationships and teaching students that failure is ok as long as we are learning from our mistakes. And finally, all the support staff that are there when a child needs that "little bit more" to get through the day. They are always on call and meet each task with a smile.
What can be gathered from my rambling? I am one lucky principal!
From the staff:
1. On Monday November 25 from 8:50 - 10:00 the DiPietro reading and math specialist teachers are hosting a "Coffee Informational Session" for all parents in the school library. Please join Mrs. Thomas of the reading department and Mrs. Tucker of the math department for short overviews of the school's reading and math programs and resources for parents to support kids' learning at home. Coffee and snacks will be provided.
2. Please consider supporting the HS Student Council during this Thankful Season. Click HERE to find out how just $16 can support a community!
3. Please make sure to call the 24 hour absentee line when your child will be absent or significantly late - (508) 883-8029.
4. The Book Fair is ONLY one weeks away! We can't wait here at DiPietro! Click here to learn more about it.
Can't wait to see your children on Tuesday!
Ask Me About....
...Twiggles learned that friends can do together?
...the signal for "Give me five" and tell me what it means.
...what goes at the beginning and end of sentences.
...to count by tens starting at any number. (from 1-100)
...the different PAWS in our school.
...how many ways I can make 10.
...the three sounds of the suffix -ed?
...an example of one way I was respectful this week.
...the difference between narrative, expository, and opinion texts.
...how I can show you one way I could solve a multiplication problem.
...how I used a growth mindset this week.