Blain Elementary School
A Message from Mr. Young
In addition to our Grow Your Brain Growth Mindset theme here at Blain, we are seeking to be more proactive in character education. Our Schoolwide Behavior Support Plan has had a make-over as we seek to implement a more robust educational program. At school, we will be utilizing our morning meeting time to support character development in all of our students. This initiative will be highlighted throughout the year through special newsletters that will be sent home to families via a Smores link. The character traits we will be working on during the year include: Respect, Responsibility, Self-Control, Compassion, Forgiveness, Determination, and Diligence.
I look forward to working with you to make this year a great year for your student. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have a question or concern. firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-536-3219
A Message From the School Nurse
- For the safety of our students, please do not send in bags of cough drops for your child's desk. Cough drops are considered a medication and must be dispensed through the Health Room with parental consent. Cough drops can be a choking hazard and are a short term fix for soothing a cough. Sending in a water bottle for your child to sip on throughout the day is a more effective way to comfort an irritated throat.
- A doctor's order is required for all medication administration by the school nurse. This includes any over-the counter medications (oral and topical).
- A sufficient night’s sleep, nutritious diet with lots of fruit, vegetables and protein, and GOOD HANDWASHING are the best ways to prevent illness.
- Clues that may indicate that your child is ill and should remain home are: fever – over 100 F, unidentified rash, vomiting, diarrhea, red eyes with drainage and uncontrollable cough.
- If you find your child experiencing any new health issues throughout the year, please keep the nurse informed so that any symptoms can be handled appropriately.
Volunteering at Blain Elementary School
Thursday, September 19, 7:00 PM - PTO Meeting
Friday, October 4 - PTO Walk-A-Thon
Tuesday, October 8 - Wood Mobile visits Blain
Friday, October 11 - Fall Picture Day
Monday, October 14 - No School for Students