Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy
Message from the Principal - Dec. 12, 2018
Today was an amazing day at Holy Rosary. We had a beautiful celebration for Our Lady of Guadalupe. We began with the procession outside the church, with students carrying an incredible banner hand-painted by Ms. Jakeline Lemus with two of our children dressed as Our Lady of Guadalupe (Jimena) and Juan Diego (Tanner). We sang our way up to the auditorium/church, carrying flowers which we presented to Our Lady. After a fantastic mass done all in Spanish (led by our 4th grade class and Mrs. Farias), complete with Fr. Martin saying all of his parts in Spanish, too, we were treated to an outstanding dance performance by the Aztec dancers from Sacred Heart, led by Leanna Lara. Then, we had a Spanish choir led by Ms. Gricelda, followed by pan dulce and atole (from the Montes-Vazquez and Lemus Families) for the adults to enjoy.
Today was a perfect example of what makes out school so special. It was an amazing display of our faith in action and a way to honor special cultural traditions. Thank you to all of the families who helped make this day so wonderful!
Have a fantastic week!
****Don’t forget...Fulcrum applications are due THIS Friday. Don’t miss the final deadline! This means that your documents need to be uploaded, as well.****
- Wednesday, Dec. 12th: Communication Envelopes go home
- Thursday, Dec. 13th: Return Communication Envelopes, Spirit Gear
- FRIDAY, DEC. 14TH: FULCRUM APPLICATIONS ARE DUE (Apply online at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid), Ugly Sweater Contest for Students and Staff, Bake Sale hosted by grades 5-8 for whole school, No All School Mass
- Wednesday, Dec. 19th: Christmas Program Begins at 6:30 pm, Tamale and Atole Sale Before and After Performance. The flyer that went home today had the wrong date...sorry!! The performance and tamale sale is on the 19th not the 20th.
- Thursday, Dec. 20th: Noon Dismissal and NO Extended Care
- Friday, Dec. 21st: School Vacation Begins. Students returns on Monday, Jan. 7th.
Last Day of School Before the Break...Dec. 20th!
There will be NO afternoon Extended Care on Thursday, Dec. 20th. This is a NOON dismissal and will be our last day before the Christmas break. We return from Christmas vacation on Monday, January 7th.
Hot Deals on School Sweaters!
From the Development Desk:
Soon we will be wrapping up our Annual Fund, please show your support with a donation. Many thanks to an anonymous donor who contributed $20,000 in matching funds. This is a great time to get your donation in as the funds will be matched dollar for dollar. We need 100% participation from our families and staff to make this goal. A fee of $50 will be billed to any family who does not make a donation by January 1, 2019.
You can easily make a donation online at: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew or you can fill out the pledge envelope and return to the office. Any questions, please email: email@example.com.
Finally, we want to thank the families/staff who have already sent in their pledges/payments.
Desde la Mesa de Desarrollo
¡Por favor muestre su apoyo con su donación a la campaña anual del colegio Annual Fund Appeal! Tenemos una meta ambiciosa ya que esperamos recaudar $100,000. Muchas gracias a nuestro donador anónimo quien aportó $20,000 dólares en fondos coincidentes. Esta es una gran oportunidad para donar y que cada dólar de su donación sea multiplicado. Necesitamos una participación del 100% de las familias y el personal del colegio para llegar a la meta. Este fondo es importante para nuestra escuela porque ayuda a financiar el plan de estudios del colegio, la capacitación del personal, la ayuda financiera y muchas otras iniciativas. Cada familia que no haga una donación antes del 1ero de enero de 2019 recibirá un cargo de $50.00 a su cuenta.
Usted puede hacer una donación fácilmente en línea en el enlace https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatewo puede llenar el sobre de compromiso de recaudación y regresarlo a la oficina. Si tiene alguna pregunta escribale a Sarah firstname.lastname@example.org ¡Gracias!
Finalmente, queremos agradecer a todas las familias y al personal que han enviado su donación.
Matt & Janelle Costanti
Josh & Patrea Fernandez
Justin & Rebecca Inouye
Patrick & Sarah Johnson
Casey & Sarah McKinney
Michael & Julie Milasich
Jesse & Amanda Schweickert
Richard & Cheri Brandt
Jesus & Gloria Gomez
Jared & Christina Matheson
Efrain & Patty Montes
William & Jennifer Pickles
Foanuu Setefano & Tiffiny Yi
Jeff Smith & Bridget Yaden
Daryl & Raquel Lambrecht
Travis & Jennifer Perkins
Robert Tran & Ngoc Anh Nguyen
Rodney Wilson & Johanne Pozas
Ken Clifton & Heather Young
Hugo Bernal & Nina Tatum
Dave Boynton & Melissa Kennedy
Daniel & Bridget Proctor
Jose Covarrubias & Lizbeth Duran
DC & Analy Grant
Shane & Valerie Pettit
Tracy & Mary Schaff
Christian & Nichole Gerling
Craig Smith & Meg Lee
Morgan & Lisa Blackmore
Sabel Del Cid & Susan Gonzalez
Timur Kuzu & Christina Lorella-Kuzu
Tyrone Moss & Carmetrus Parker
Ivan Alaniz & Anita Millan
Wayne & Lisa Brannon
Aaron & Andrea Bryan
Alejandro Covarrubias & Denice Arguello
Epitacio Garibay & Erika Ruelas
Emmanual & Kylie Munoz
Tomas & Theresa Ramos
Tyler & Bethany Renner
Edgar Villegas & Alma Millan
Christmas Program Details!!
Here is a quick overview of the Christmas "Costumes". We have tried to keep things simple and inexpensive. If you have questions or need more detail thank this quick glimpse, please check in with your child's teacher(s).
Event: Christmas Program
Date/Time: Wednesday, Dec. 19th from 6:30 pm - 8 pm
What are the classes wearing?
- Pre-K 3 - Santa Theme (Gingerbread people, Santa, Christmas PJs, etc.)
- Pre-K 4A - Girls in red sweater/tutu/Christmas leggings, Boys in red sweater/black pants/Santa hat
- Pre-K 4B - Santa Theme (Gingerbread people, Santa, Christmas PJs, etc.)
- Kindergarten - Stars (sandwich boards) and Mary and Jesus
- 1A - Shepherds
- 1B - Sheep
- 2 - Winter Wear (scarves, mittens, etc.)
- 3 - Angels (HR has angel costumes)
- 4 - Button down flannel shirts, jeans, and Santa hat
- 5/6 - Dressy Winter Wear (Boys in slacks and button shirt or suit and girls in dresses) with winter scarves
- 7/8 - Winter wear for boys and girls (Christmas sweaters, slacks, and Santa hats)
Teachers will have more information about special arrival times, but most groups will plan to be at school by no later than 6 pm.
Tamales and Atole will be sold at the event!! Tamales will be sold first come, first served (no pre-orders) and will be $2 each or $20 per dozen. More details to follow...