September 15, 2023
This week's news:
We had a great week despite the heat and humidity. Everyone is working so hard to learn all the routines and expectations of a new year! I am so proud of everyone!
Today is the last day to order Spiritwear-follow the link here-http://www.spiritgeardirect.com/geardrive/store.aspx?guid=a4a29ec0-9eaa-463a-a6f6-a4c3abac2dc4
Please be sure your child is in school appropriate footwear-crocs are super cute but not practical for the playground.
Thank you to the PTO for providing snacks for our reading/math celebration. We had more than 50% of the school participate-great job!
Spirit days are fun ways to unite as a school. They are optional and if you do not want your child to participate, that is completely fine. The schedule for the year is attached below
Just a reminder that any medications must be brought to ESS by an adult. Students are not allowed to have medications in their backpacks at any time
Have a great weekend-Mrs. Weber
- If your child is arriving in the morning after the doors are closed, please do not just drop your child and drive away. Please walk your child to the front door and ring the bell and we will escort them to their classroom
As stated in the rules/expectations that were sent out and are also linked below please remember that
- Student cell phones and smart watches must remain in backpacks in the off position during the school day. Students are not allowed to use these devices while at school. If your child contacts you during the day, please call the office instead of responding.
- Be sure to label all student items including jackets, sweatshirts, water bottles and lunch boxes. We have an overflowing lost and found collection each year. Anything left at the end of the year will be donated
- We have designated visitor parking in front of the school. Please use those spaces when you come to school. Parking is not allowed at any time in the fire lanes or in front of the school after 3:00 when buses begin to arrive .
- Please be sure you have read and have familiarized yourself with all the rules/expectations at ESS-especially about morning arrival and afternoon dismissal https://www.smore.com/app/pages/preview/mh5j6
- Link to our school website which contains lots of information-http://elizabethshelton.sheltonpublicschools.org/home_page
Link to Bus lists
Back to School Night-October 4th-6:00-8:00
Save the date and come back to school. Our evening is for parents only-NO CHILDREN.
You will hear about ESS, the new report cards and all the exciting things happening in your child's classroom. Community partners will be set up in the gym with hand outs. WE hope to see you then.
- NED Show-thanks to the PTO for organizing
- Yo-yo sales begin
- Fall Picture Day-flyer was sent home
- Early Dismissal Day-1:50 dismissal time
- No School
- Hat Day