Your Weekly Update from Memorial Elementary School
Dear Memorial families and caregivers,
So much is happening at Memorial this week as we begin to screen our incoming Kindergarten scholars. We will also be scheduling an orientation next Friday, May 5, 2023 for them to come out and visit classrooms while giving me a little time to spend with their parents.
MCAS Math will begin for our 3rd and 4th graders in the beginning of May. Your child's teacher will be sharing all those details with you. Remember that attendance is very important. It is hard to believe that there are only 33 school days left in this year. Where has the time gone?
Throughout this school year, our students and staff have persevered together and grown stronger as a result. Coming out of the storm of the pandemic has taken some time to get things back to normalcy and consistency, but I am proud of how far we have come. Students have supported one another both socially and emotionally. And parents, guardians and caregivers have been there every step along the way to support their children and the school staff. It has definitely been a team approach that has allowed this amazing school community at Memorial to maintain focus during this transitional time.
Thank you for your continued support.
POINT OF PRIDE
4W students learned about our fragile Earth and the importance of ALL of us doing our part to help reduce the harm humans are doing. They focused on the 3 "R's": Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. We put our words into action by demonstrating "re-use" (or re purpose) by having a "trash to treasure" day. They used recyclable materials to create new items like fans to cool us off, classroom organizing units, hats and masks for role play and even sandals for Mr. Barter!
Things You Need to Know
1. Early Release for all students on May 17th.
2. 4th Grade Physicals: If you are a 4th grade family and have not submitted an updated health form dated after September 1, 2021, please do so as soon as possible. This is required by the state of Massachusetts. Please submit it to our school nurse, Michelle LeBlanc.
3. Please don't forget that on Friday, May 5, 2023 there is NO SCHOOL for our Kindergarten students only.
4. Current Vibe: Friends- Bette Midler
The Memorial PTO is a parent and teacher run, non-profit organization committed to enhancing and enriching the education of our students and fostering a sense of community within our school. The PTO provides assistance to teachers within the classroom settings, raises funds for educational materials and experiences, advocates school and family social interaction, and provides an unbiased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our students. We believe in cultivating a positive learning environment to allow for students to achieve their highest potential. Please become an active participant in the PTO. Below is the link to their website:
or email them at:
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5