Thunderbird's Eye View
Athena P1 updates, Nov. 19th
Where are my manners… I'm Andrea, and we may not have met in-person but I've already spammed you about something Thunderbird-related :) In an effort to reduce those pesky emails Sarah and I are migrating to this sleek newsletter-approach and hope you'll find it to be a friendlier addition to your mental inbox. Bear with me for one long one and the rest will be less frequent and more concise!
Prefer to talk face-to-face? Want to see a baby's toothless grin or talk to a toddler? Grab one of us on the playground or in the breezeway at pick-up time.
Saturday, Nov. 23rd, 3pm
1503 Morgan Lane
Don't just attend- MAKE IT BETTER! This year our class is manning the popular Tattoo Station (child + tattoo + water… we got off easy!). A big Thank You to our parent volunteers already signed up, but it's best to have TWO people per shift so we NEED ADDITIONAL HELP especially during peak times (3:30-4, 4-4:30).
Please visit Sign Up Genius to enlist, or use the paper posted outside the P1 door.
And don't forget about the Open Mic- just five minutes of your time to show off a skill, be a goofball- whatever you think will entertain the kids. And I'll buy you a margarita!
Saturday, Dec. 7th, 10am
6001 Manchaca Road
Every 1st weekend of the month how about a play-pal somewhere, sometime, someday. Where should it be? Want to see an event planned for a weekday? Please use the Comments section (when viewed in your browser) at the bottom to add ideas or suggest alternate plans.
- October- Lil Stacy Park
- December 7- Garrison Park, Saturday, 10am
- January 4- Pease Park, Sunday, 10am
- February 1- TBD, Saturday, 10am
Baby Jasper's Shower Gift
* We are still looking for a single jogging stroller as well, if you have one or know someone willing to donate or sell.
- Help breakdown the Cultural Fest event.
- Be a library-runner (help keep out the seasonal book collection fresh). A sign-up sheet will be posted this week outside the classroom.
- Be a Weekend Warrior (help prepare small amounts of materials for the following week).
- Donate items for special lessons… right now it's materials representative of North America, such as postcards, flags, maps, pictures- almost anything goes. Items from Canada, Alaska, or tribal in nature are a plus.
- Help with class auction items this spring, in preparation for Casino RoyOwl (more info in 2014).
Classroom Wish Lists
The big-eye kind.
Small dish sets
Small (palm-sized bowls/dishes) preferably in a set of two.
All kinds- the classic round ball marbles, flattened marbles, and the larger "shooter" marbles.
Warmly, Andrea & Sarah