What is this drug?
Slang Terms (Street Names)
Effects and dangers of this drug:
Short Term Effects:
- Memory Loss
- Impaired Motor Skills
- Speech is Blurred
- Difficulty Walking or Standing
Long Term Effects:
- General Learning can be effected
- Tolerance and dependence when used regularly
- Rohypnol is 10 times as strong as Valium, which is a sedative.
- Study shows that 4 million doses of Rohypnol were brought into the United States from Mexico in one year.
- The age group that is most common that this drug is used in is 18-20 (college age) and people ages 35-44.
- The use of Rohypnol in the US has increased by 0.2%.
Questions from Handout:
- What's the difference between legal medicine and illegal drugs?
The difference between legal medicine and illegal drugs is legal medicine is prescribed by a doctor, that is helped to cure a sickness or ability. Illegal drugs are drugs that aren't allowed to be taken, and can effect your body in a bad way.
- What should I do if I hear about kids in my school using drugs?
What I should do if I hear that kids in my school are using drugs is tell a teacher or a trust- worthy adult that this is happening. If you don't tell anyone, and something happens to them, you will feel like you could have done something for that person.