Mrs. Southwick's Springtastic 4th Graders
We're Wishing you a Happy Spring!
Students worked on their clay masks in art! I can't wait to see their masterpieces!
This has been a very busy week in math. Students were introduced to area and perimeter. We reviewed basic area and perimeter concepts such as; estimating area of polygons and counting unit squares to find the area of certain shapes.
Students also learned the formula for figuring out area of a rectangle, parallelogram, and triangle. Next week we will move on to calculation the area of parallelograms. We will continue working on unit 8 and begin reviewing for our upcoming MCA Test on April 27-May 1.
Social Studies Snapshot
- Cutting laminating: Sets of roots practice/Concentration cards
- Donations of liquid soap for our classroom sink. The kids love fun scents! (And if it encourages them to wash their hands....I'm all for it! : ) We've had vanilla & mint so far.
Playing & Learning with Kahoot!
Testing Treats -- HELP WANTED
- Hershey Hugs & Kisses
- Starburst & water bottle
- cookie packs
- MINT gum
Please let Mrs. Southwick know asap. We test in a couple of weeks already! Whew!
- PLEASE RETURN READING LOGS ON MONDAY & TUESDAY. IF STUDENTS HAVE MET THEIR GOAL, THEY WILL RECEIVE A TICKET TO POSSIBLY WIN A NEW BOOK AND/OR PARTICIPATE IN THE "I LOVE TO READ" FINAL ASSEMBLY! COOL!
- Rollerblading ends Tuesday, March 31st.
- Tuesday is Wacky Hair & Hat Day....and we will also have our closing celebration for "I Love to Read" Month. Will Mrs. Krell get stuck on reading? Stay tuned...
- NO SCHOOL April 1-3, 2015. Happy Easter!
April 13 - 17 4th Grade Reading