October 5, 2017
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Here are a few reminders for the week:
• Walk-A-Thon is TOMORROW! Money was due yesterday; please return any money that you may still have ASAP. Any student who raised at least $75 will receive an awesome pair of Roosevelt socks. The plan is for students to receive those socks on MONDAY.
Please come and walk with your child. Here is the schedule: 12:00 - 1st grade; 12:15 - 5th grade; 12:45 - 3rd grade; 1:00 - 2nd grade; 1:15 - 4th grade; 1:45 - Kindergarten. Each classroom will begin their warm-up outside Door #1 at their scheduled start time, and then start walking directly after the short warm-up. Please join them! If it rains, we will still walk in some way (details to be figured out).
• Coffee with the Principal: Please join other Roosevelt parents for Coffee with the Principal on Friday, October 13 from 7:30-8:30 AM at Cub Foods West. Drop your children off at school, and swing by a for hot cup of coffee and get to know other Roosevelt parents.
• October Late Start: The next scheduled late start is Tuesday, October 10. Please sign-up if you plan to send your child during this time. Also, we always celebrate on this day, so please remember to have your child wear Roosevelt gear or red & white clothing. For those students who got Roosevelt socks, this would be a great day to wear them! SIGN UP FOR FREE CHILD WATCH HERE.
• October PTO Meeting: Our September PTO meeting was chock-full of new folks. Please consider coming to the October meeting and bring a friend! Our October PTO meeting is from 5:30-6:30 on Tuesday, October 10 in the Roosevelt Media Center. Child watch will be available in the Roosevelt gym.
• Mankato Area Public Schools' is launching a new Family Academy. Family Academy workshops give families tips and tools to help their children succeed in school. Click here for current session descriptions. Register online or call 507-387-5501 with questions or for assistance.
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Operating Levy Referendum/School Board Election
Tuesday, November 7, 2017, is election day. If you would like to vote early, absentee voting is available at the District Office, 10 Civic Center Plaza, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Residents of Mankato Area Public Schools will vote on an Operating Levy and the election of three School Board members.
As a result of our Operating Levy expiring on June 30, 2018, our School Board has proposed to increase its referendum revenue authority. This proposed authorization would include an increase of $365 per pupil and would increase each year by the rate of inflation and be applicable for ten years beginning with taxes payable in 2018.
The most common question we hear is, “What will the money be used for?” The dollars go to people, programs and day-to-day operations. Here is a link to our Q & A article which will help answer that question. This is an exciting time for our growing school community. Funding will help us to continue our work and provide the resources we need for the education of each child, retaining and recruiting staff and our daily costs.
Please visit the District website www.isd77.org under “quick links” where you will find more information about the operating levy, a tax impact calculator for your property, and candidate information.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact the District Office at 507-387-1868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
90th Birthday Celebration
Mr. Tim and former Roosevelt custodians pause for a picture at Roosevelt's 90th Birthday Celebration.
Pages from the Past
Yearbooks, photo albums, and other Roosevelt memorabilia were available to view at the 90th Birthday Celebration.
A Blast from the Past
A huge thank you to Mike and Carol Rath for coming in 1920's costume to help us celebrate our special milestone. Also, a big thank you to Unique Specialty and Classics for the donation of the vehicle to enhance our special day!