The LMS Lowdown
April 16, 2021
In addition, the Board of Education updated the Re-Opening Plan last evening. The updates were as follows:
Recommend that the Board resolve, if the New Jersey Department of Health Weekly Activity Report goes to yellow, to:
- Update reopening plan to include spring sports at LMS- as of now, these are on hold.
- Update reopening plan to include 5 four-hour days per week, effective May 3, 2021 or as soon thereafter as the Superintendent deems possible.
As of the most recent map from the state of NJ, Burlington County is still orange, which puts us in the high category. We will keep you updated as we hope for things to improve.
Kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year began on Monday, February 1st on our website. Any Lumberton resident with a child who turns 5 on or before September 30, 2021 is eligible to register for kindergarten. Find more information on our website HERE. If you know people who may be interested, please pass this information along or direct them to the website.
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. As parents and caregivers, this is not always an easy topic to discuss but it is important to talk to your kids and to keep them safe. Protecting our children starts with a conversation. Establish safety rules and let your children know that you are here to help and to answer any questions they may have.
The following webpage provides parents with the tools needed to start the conversation:
How to Talk with Kids About Personal Safety and Sexual Abuse.
COVID-19 REMINDERS AND UPDATES
- Please keep your child home if they are sick, and notify Mrs. Gambino as to why they are absent. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure Genesis is updated if there were any changes to contact information.
- Please notify if you have traveled out of state. The following states do not require a quarantine after travel: Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York and Connecticut. If you traveled to another state, You will need to quarantine for 10 days.
- Please notify if your child or anyone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19.
- If your student has symptoms of Covid-19, they will need a negative test or quarantine for 14 days before returning to school. An alternative diagnosis is no longer allowed.
- At this time, close contacts will need to quarantine for 14 days if exposed to a Covid-19 positive person.
- If your child or anyone in your home is being tested, keep your child home until the results are back.
- Fever or chills
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
- Poor appetite or poor feeding, especially in babies under one year old
Friday, April 23rd: Earth Day, wear blue and green to celebrate Earth Day
Friday, April 30th: Arbor Day, wear green to celebrate Arbor Day