Welcome to the BHS Express
A newsletter keeping you informed about Batavia High School
February 3, 2023
Andrea Conner, BHS Principal
Hello Bulldog Families.
Just like that we’re into the month of February! The shortest month in terms of actual days, but the longest because we are ready for a little more sunshine and warmth! The students were excited about the surprise “snow day” on Tuesday and were back at it on Wednesday!
Although this month is shorter, it’s important in terms of checking in on your student’s academic progress as well as engaging in the scheduling process for the 2023-2024 school year. This newsletter contains important dates and links about all of the informational meetings taking place next week. Please take some time to add these to your calendars and participate in these important meetings. We are here to work with all of you and to help you and your students navigate high school successfully. Just reach out!
Enjoy the weekend, and we look forward to seeing many of you next week.
In service to our Bulldogs.
Andrea Conner, High School Principal
BHS Students Shadow Monarch Construction Company as Part of their Pre Apprenticeship Training
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
If your student is interested in enrolling in a College Credit Plus (CCP) course next school year, you and your student are required to attend the CCP Informational Meeting on February 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. Please mark this important date on your calendar if your student plans to take any CCP courses during the 2023-2024 school year.
February 8, 2023 from 3:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. is our Parent/Teacher Conference night. Please sign up using this link: February 8 Parent/Teacher Sign Up
February 8, 2023 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. is our Parent Scheduling Information night.
March 4, 2023: Batavia Band Boosters Quarter Auction. Batavia Band Boosters Quarter Auction
If you have a student who is currently in 11th grade, BHS will be administering the state-administered ACT on March 14. This testing session is free for all families. In preparation, our teachers will be working with our 11th grade students to help them get ready for this important assessment. Research shows that the more times students take the assessment, the more comfortable they become with the test and score higher. Please click on this link to review national ACT testing dates and timelines: 2022-2023 National ACT Testing Dates. If you have any questions, please reach out to your student’s counselor.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT UPDATES
- February 6, 2023: College Credit Plus Information Night. 6:00 p.m.
- February 8, 2023: Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:00-6:30
- February 8, 2023: Parent Information Scheduling Night 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria
- February 10, 2023: Art field trip to The Art Academy of Cincinnati
- February 20, 2023: NO SCHOOL-Presidents Day
- February 21, 2023: Spanish II/AP Spanish Field Trip
- March 4, 2023: Band Boosters Quarter Auction: Doors open at 5:00 p.m. See Flyer Above
- March 7, 2023: Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:30
- March 9, 2023: Last day of 3rd Quarter
- March 10, 2023: NO SCHOOL for students. Staff PD/Work Day
- March 13, 2023: First day of 4th Quarter
- March 14, 2023: Juniors take state-funded ACT test
- March 22, 2023: Local Scholarship Interview Day for Seniors
- March 28, 2023: ELA II Part I EOC test (Students not taking assessment arrive by 9:30 a.m. Students who must ride the bus will have a study hall.)
- March 29, 2023: ELA II Part II EOC test (Students not taking assessment arrive by 9:30 a.m. Students who must ride the bus will have a study hall.)
- April 3-10, 2023: Spring Break
INFORMATION FROM THE BHS GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
Check out the Batavia High School Guidance Counselor website.
Your Guidance Counselors are:
9th - 12th Grade Counselor A-L
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7037
9th - 12th Grade Counselor M-Z
(513) 732-2341 ext: 7036
- CCP Information Meeting
- College Credit Plus (CCP) is Ohio’s dual enrollment program that provides students in grades 7-12 the opportunity to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking courses from Ohio colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to enhance students’ career readiness and postsecondary success, while providing a wide variety of options to college-ready students, at no or limited costs to students and families. If you are interested in participating in CCP or are currently participating in CCP, you must attend our annual information session at BHS on Feb. 6th at 6:00 p.m.
- Great Oaks Career Centers
- Great Oaks specializes in career and technical education for both high school students and adults. Any student that plans to attend Live Oaks or Scarlet Oaks in the 23-24 school year needs to have the online application submitted by February 7, 2023 for priority consideration. Additional information about Great Oaks and program options can be found at this link: Great Oaks Career Centers
- Parent Information Scheduling Night
- Batavia High School will be hosting a Parent Information Scheduling Night on Feb 8th from 6-7pm. We will be discussing graduation requirements, graduation planning, and scheduling for the 23-24 school year. We will have break out sessions by grade level in order to help inform you of the specific expectations and requirements for your child’s grade level.
INFORMATION FROM THE BATAVIA ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
Mark Pierson, Athletic Director
Tim Young, Assistant Athletic Director
Link to Athletic Website:https://bataviaathletics.com/
BATAVIA HIGH SCHOOL OFFICE CONTACTS
513-732-2341, ext. 7051
Matt Buis, Assistant Principal
513-732-2341, ext. 7052
Melissa Anstaett, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7055
Edie Strine, Administrative Assistant
513-732-2341, ext. 7054
If your student is absent, call
513-732-2341 and leave a message on the attendance line