Rebel Without A Cause
Belonging and Family
Trait 1: Drunk
- He got taken down town to the police station
- Acting out at the police station
- Can barely walk (nobody seems shocked to see him there)
Trait 2: Sneaky
- Always on the look out
- He is always running places
- "Looks" around before he does things
Trait 3: Careless
- Blurts out
- Doesn't respect others while they speak
- Doesn't truly pay attention to anything or anybody
The Chickie Run
Theme: What does it mean to be a man?
Questions From Discussion
I spoke to my group about how I felt Plato had the worst family situation. In order to have a "family situation" you have to have a family. Plato has been abandon by his family and hasn't had the opportunity to even connect with "parent" figures and or get the same feel any other teenage kid would feel. Plato has gone through so much, and not having a family makes it worse. He has nobody to look up to, and when he gets upset and down on himself or because of another reason he will have nobody to comfort him or nobody to talk to about what he is going through or what he has gone through.
Problems and Challenges
- His father thinks that he is a bad kid, and needs to stop causing hostility.
- Jim is afraid of being titled "a chicken." He doesn't want people to think that he is weak or not strong enough to stand up for what he believes in.
I don't think what Jim is doing is bad, but I think that he is definitely causing issues between him and his family. With the choices he was making or made he could've caused issues between him mother and father. Jim just needs to be smarter with the decisions he makes and think before he does. Things happen for a reason, but things can also be controlled and stopped before bad situations happen.