By: Rehaab Qaiser
Surgeons diagnose or treat injuries or illnesses. They operate on patients to treat injuries, such as broken bones ; diseases, such as cancerous tumors ; deformities, like cleft plates. Also, they examine patients, take medical history, prescribe medication, and interpret diagnostic tests. They even counsel patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive healthcare.
Surgeons have to spend a lot of time in school. They need a bachelor's degree, 4 years on undergraduate school, 4 years of medical school, and 3-7 years in internship and residency programs.
Salary And Benifets
Surgeons can get paid up to 358,399 a year. They usually start of by 187,200 per year and getting 90.00 dollars an hour. Some benefits are high salary, job security, health care, and the best part helping people out.
- There is a huge job outlook for surgeons within the next decade
- Surgeons get a very high pay
- Surgeons have a very important role in medicine
- They have retirement benefits
- Surgeons get great health benefits
- Surgeons don't need that much math in the field.