The Ritenour Review
2016 - 2017 Third Grade Weekly News
Bitter Sweet Good-Byes!
Thank you again for the kind words, sweet gifts and precious moments with your kids before I start my new journey in life. Mentally, it has been daunting stepping away from my passion for a bit. My husband and I are humbled by the outpour of support and cannot wait to welcome our little boy into our family and start our new "normal" - whatever, that may be!
This last week was definitely bitter-sweet. Yes, my body was exhausted and ready for this break, but I was not fully ready to leave my classroom, my students or co-workers. I am grateful to have such a beautiful place to call work daily.
As we exited our last week together, we had a lot of unique activities. The Jog-a-Thon was a huge hit! I love how flexible the kids and volunteers were that day and allowed us to adjust our schedule to still make sure we had a great day! I will say, that was a lot of stairs! Jogging on flat ground is easier for all! Thank you to those that have donated for jog-a-thon! We are grateful for anything we receive during this fundraiser!
Here is a look at our topics for next week:
- Language Arts: They will work on complex sentences.
- Math: We tested Unit 2 on Friday and they will work on a cumulative assessment next week. Every even unit will be have a cumulative component and will allow us to not miss out on necessary needs to each child.
- Reading: They will be finishing out unit one and celebrating their great success! If time, they will move into unit two and work on non-fiction reading.
- Word Study: They will continue with their sorts as usual. I highly encourage your child to bring his/her Word Study Notebook home throughout the week. They are learning to take notes each day and this is the best source for them to study.
Meeting Mrs. Long!
Happy Birthday, Brady!
- October 3rd: Jessica Long's First Day
- October 7th: Last Day of the First Quarter
- October 17 - 21: Fall Break (No School!)
If you would like to order books for your child through scholastic's website, please click on the link above. Checks can still be sent to the classroom and I will mail the orders.