October in the Library
Check out what we've been up to in the PHS media center!
How We've Been Learning
During the month of October we:
- Participated in conversations about fiction and nonfiction texts. "Z is for Moose" was a favorite!
- Defined and identified characters and setting.
- Used information gained from a text to demonstrate understanding of theme.
- Used and created text features, like diagrams and captions, to help us understand information in a text.
- Recalled information from experiences and gathered information from sources to answer a question.
- Explored different online and print reference sources.
- Started becoming comfortable with logging on to out student accounts and accessing the internet.
- Differentiated between facts and opinions.
- Continued our research projects to build knowledge about a topic, such as a foreign country or garden species.
October Circulations: 2,620
Featured Resource: Juvenile Series & Sequels
Looking for the title of the latest book published in the Fly Guy series? Check out Mid-Continent Public Library's Juvenile Series & Sequels database where over 36,000 books are searchable by title, author, series, or subject.
In the month of November I am looking forward to some professional development opportunities with my fellow library media specialists. I am very excited to be attending the American Association of School Librarian's National Conference in Hartford and hope to gain new skills and explore resources to bring back to the Primrose Hill Community. Ask me about what I learned that might benefit your own classroom experience!