Lipinczyk & Edwards Updates
Week of May 16, 2016
Monday, May 16- Early release
ELA Instructional Focus...
- Analyze primary and secondary sources.
- Read purposefully and select and record relevant, factual information and cite sources.
- Identify Greek and Latin roots.
- Continue with "Typing Club" daily to increase keyboarding skills.
HOMEWORK: 2 Reading Responses due Friday! Read every night for 30 minutes!
Math Instructional Focus...
Our instructional focus from now to the end of the school year will be preparing for 5th grade math. This week students will:
- Find sums of decimal amounts in dollars and cents.
- Find differences between decimal amounts in dollars and cents.
- Use the order of operations to find the value of expressions.
Click the links below for Study Jams videos related to our Math topics for this week:
Myon Text related to our instructional focus this week:
Unusual and Awesome Jobs Using Math-Lisa M. Bolt Simmons
Unusual and Awesome Jobs Using Technology-Linda LeBoutillier
Science Instructional Focus...
Our instructional focus this week in Science will be on the life cycles, characteristics and interdependence of animals.
- Explain that although characteristics of plants and animals are inherited, some characteristics can be affected by the environment.
- Compare and contrast the major stages in the life cycles of animals, such as those that undergo incomplete and complete metamorphosis.
- Explain how animals-including people-obtain energy.
Click on the links below for Study Jams video's related to our Science topics this week:
Myon text related to our instructional focus this week:
Food Chains and Webs-The Web of Life Freestyle
The World of Food Chains with Max Axiom-Liam O'Donnell
From Caterpillar to Butterfly: Following the Life Cycle -Suzanne Slade
From Tadpole to Frog: Following the Life Cycle- Suzanne Slade
From Mealworm to Beetle: Following the Life Cycle- Suzanne Slade