Clemens Crossing Cougar Comments
December 9, 2022 - Volume 44, Issue 15
Clemens Crossing Elementary School
Jaime Gittleson, Assistant Principal
Important Upcoming Dates and Events
- 9 - 3rd grade field trip to National Aquarium
- 14 - Professional Work and Wellness Day - Schools close 3-hours early at 12:45 p.m.
- 15 - Spirit Day - College Day
- 16 - 5th grade field trip to Robinson Nature Center
- 21 - CCEStival - Winter Chorus and Instrumental Music Concerts, 6:30 p.m. at Atholton HS
- 22 - Spirit Day - Holiday Sweater Day
- 23 - Spirit Day - Pajama Day
- December 24- January 2 - Winter Break
To subscribe to the CCES calendar on your smartphone, electronic device, or email system use the calendar ID firstname.lastname@example.org.
From School Administration
I look forward to seeing them progress the rest of this school year!
Mr. Cosentino, Principal
Backpack Bundles Midyear Food Drive
Thank you for your donations this fall to help CCES students in need of food assistance on the weekends! We need more food to sustain us this winter/spring. Please consider donating shelf-stable, individually packaged snacks/meals if you can. A list of suggested items can be found on the linked Backpack Bundles page of our PTA Website. Please visit the site to see how you can help in the following ways:
• Order items directly from our Amazon Wishlist.
• Purchase food donations on your own & drop off in the foyer
• Donate monetarily to PTA (please note that the donation is for Backpack Bundles)
If you feel your child could benefit from this program, please contact Ann Rogers, school counselor (email@example.com). If you have questions about donations/volunteering, you can contact Lisa Scata (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jenny Lease (email@example.com).
Keep Family File Up-To-Date
Recently, we have had several situations where we have been trying to reach parents and found that either their voice mailbox was full or not set up receive messages. We also have several cases where the emergency number(s) we have on file is/are no longer in service.
We would appreciate it if you could take a moment and make sure of the following:
- Please have a voice mailbox in place that can receive messages. If need be, please clear the messages in your mailbox so that your mailbox can receive new notifications.
- Please take a moment and update any emergency numbers that may need to be updated in Family File.
This is very important, especially if we have an unscheduled emergency closing.
INFORMATION WORTH REPEATING
Need labels? The PTA will receive 20% of proceeds if you elect to purchase these using this link: https://www.namebubbles.com/?rfsn=6990970.50f282
Our family uses this brand and I can confirm they are dishwasher safe - I like to create a small one with our last name and a cell phone number so I can use for both kids and receive texts locating our many wandering water bottles.
(If you leave the site and return to it later, remember you will have to use the above link to navigate to ensure your purchase counts.
Half Day Workshops at CCES on December 14th - Art or Chess!
*School will dismiss early and students will report directly to the art room at dismissal - be sure to send a note to remind your child's teacher on that day.
Pick up/Sign out will be from the front of the school at 4:00pm.
KidzArt is proud to partner with the PTA to bring you another exciting half day workshop! Students will work with a variety of mediums and complete several projects. Each workshop will be different, so join us for one or both! All materials are included. $60
Magnus Chess Academy (Silver Knights) has taught chess to 100,000+ children including national champions! A great camp for everyone from brand new beginners to tournament players. Activities include learning the rules, openings, tactics, strategy, endgames, playing games and outdoor breaks. Students will have two lessons and a bunch of practice games each day. All equipment provided. $49
PTA - Parent Teacher Association
The following announcements have been approved by the Public Information Office for distribution.