The Tumbleweed Press
Trailblazing the Future!
October 30, 2018
Just a few reminders for your information:
- Be Nice in November! In this month of gratitude, we would like to express our thanks to all of our parents, volunteers, PTO members, students and community who support the success of our students at Vogel! We appreciate you more than you know! We are asking parents to let their child's teacher know if they are making an impact in their education. You can send a note of thanks via email, written note, or TAE (Teachers Achieving Excellence - found in Parent Access).A simple note goes a long way with teachers. Thank you for your time, and thank you for sharing your children with us!
- Please make every effort to have your child in school each day, on-time, for the full day. As students get older, missing a day of school has a big impact on their education. If at all possible, send your child to school every day they don't have fever, even if they don't feel 100%. Many times, once they get up and moving at school, they start to feel better. Our goal for attendance is 97.5% for the year. We are currently at 97.6%, and it slowly declines throughout the year. We need to keep up good attendance in order to reach our goal. Thank you for your continued support of your child's success in school!
- We have a monthly feedback form included in our newsletter. In an effort to improve our practices at Vogel, we are seeking feedback from parents. There are opportunities to share ways to improve, share strengths, and to share kudos to staff. This feedback form will be in every newsletter and on our webpage each month. Thank you for taking time to support Vogel Intermediate! https://goo.gl/forms/7LbaTIcNqCt0Bz7o2
- Please call your child's teacher if you need assistance with anything. They are always your first line of communication, and can typically answer your questions better than anyone else. :)
We also have our 1st annual JOY Camp for Mothers and Daughters. Please see the newsletter at the link below for more information.
Extra order forms are available in the front office
Vogel PTO News
Greetings Vogel Texans! Please be sure to join us in the conference room on November 13th at 10 a.m. for our next meeting. If you are unable to make it and you need to communicate an idea or concern, email us at email@example.com.
The chocolate fundraiser has officially ended and all money is due to the school at this time. The kids have had a blast so far with the BMX show and Jump for George at the Principal Pizza Party.
Our first Spirit Night of the year was October 18th at SK8 Town and it went very well! Thanks to all that attended and we hope you had a great night. The next Vogel Spirit Night is at Chick-Fil-A on November 15. You can skip the cooking that night - just drive thru and mention Vogel at both the Sawdust and Lake Woodlands locations - Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! ;)
Want to help out with yearbook? Email our yearbook crew at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your pics with the Image Share app on your phone. October 25th is National Buy Your Yearbook Day. If you haven’t checked that off your list, you can turn in the form to school or order online at https://www.balfour.com/texas/spring/dolly-e-vogel-inter-school
If you are looking to help out, we have one opportunity fresh off the press this past weekend. We are still in need of donations toward Powerball for a Purpose, which takes place this Thursday and Friday, October 25th and 26th: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a44a9ae2ba7f85-powerball
Other events coming up: Red Ribbon Week 10/22-10/26, Picture retakes on 10/31, Speaker for Anxiety in Library 11/1 @ 1p.m., Mother/Daughter Night on 11/2 @ 6 til 8, Veterans Day observed 11/12, Yearbook goes up to $30 on 11/16, Thanksgiving Break 19-23
For our Mother/Daughter Night we are hoping to get together some donations to serve as door prizes. This is a fantastic opportunity for local small businesses to get their name around the Vogel community. If you or someone you know may be interested in helping, please email the PTO or contact Mrs. Racquel Johnson, 5th grade counselor.
We appreciate you! The 2018 - 2019 Vogel PTO Board:
Jessica Longeway - President, Amy Reneau - Vice President, Jaclyn Burket - Treasurer, Stephanie Bell - Secretary, Tiffany Russell - Parliamentarian, Debbie Wilson - Yearbook Coordinator, Valerie Brennan - Volunteer Coordinator, Diana Martinez - Yearbook Assistant, Jaime Turner - Student Appreciation Coor., Tina Reyna - Spirit Night Coordinator, Kristie Myers - Teacher Events Coordinator, Neha Saluja - Teacher Events Coor., Monique Major - Board Member at Large
Conroe ISD FIT (Families In Transition) Volunteers Needed!
Teacher Websites - CANVAS information
Car Rider Line Map
Car rider line and turning into our parking lot can be tricky. There is NO RIGHT TURN off of Geffert Wright Drive into the school parking lot. In order to get into our parking lot, please click on the map to the right and use the following directions:
· As you are driving West down Geffert Wright Drive from Hanna Road, you will have to drive PAST the school. After you pass the school, you will take your first left which will lead you to a road outside of the transportation building. You will need to follow this road to the end, where you will curve around left. At the intersection, you can drive straight into our Vogel parking lot
· As you are driving East down Geffert Wright Drive from Maplewood Drive, you will need to take your second right which will lead you to a road outside of the transportation building. You will need to follow this road to the end, where you will curve around left. At the intersection, you can drive straight into our Vogel parking lot.
Safety is our first priority. Please follow these directions and be patient especially at drop off and pick up times to help maintain a safe and orderly environment at our school. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
Safety and security are of the utmost importance to Conroe ISD. In an effort to provide more options for reporting safety concerns, the District is introducing Anonymous Alerts®, an app that will work alongside our long-standing, anonymous KidChat hotline.
The Anonymous Alerts® app can be downloaded for free on a smartphone and allows students and parents to quickly, easily, and anonymously report student safety issues to the appropriate officials. Anonymous Alerts® also provides opportunities for secure two-way encrypted communication with the school and District personnel receiving the messages. Like the KidChat hotline, the Conroe ISD Police Department will also be monitoring submissions through Anonymous Alerts®.
Download the app by simply scanning one of the QR codes with your phone. Click on the above picture to enlarge the QR code. The login is conroeisd.
Upcoming Events - November
31 - Picture Retakes
1 - Chat n Chew - Counselor talk on Anxiety - 12pm in the library
2 - Mothers and Daughters class - 6-8pm - Vogel Cafeteria
4 - 6th Grade Field Trip
5 - 6th Grade Field Trip
8 - Parent Zoning Meeting for Suchma Elementary - 6pm at Irons
9 - Parent Zoning Meeting for Suchma Elementary - 12pm at Irons
10 - Honor Band Auditions at Vogel
12 - Veterans Day Program - 6th grade - 9:30 - Vogel Cafeteria
12 - Veterans Day Program - 5th grade - 10am - Woodforest Stadium
13 - Honor Orchestra Auditions at Mitchell
14 - Parent Zoning Meeting for Suchma Elementary - 6pm at Knox
15 - Chick fil A Spirit Night
15 - 5th Grade Band Demo Concert - 7pm
19-23 - Thanksgiving Break