Elementary Math News
Notes from the Elementary 3rd-5th grade Math Collaborative
The passing standard for the 2016 STAAR test has NOT been finalized. The commissioner has proposed a "standard progression approach" which will increase performance standards annually in small increments that will lead up to Phase 2 passing standards.
January Benchmark Information
January 12th will be the day that 4th and 5th grade students will take the online math benchmark.
Please make sure that your students are familiar with Notability and have scratch paper to work out their problems.
Teachers in 1st-5th grade will also give the fluency probes. Teachers will need to input the fluency scores in Eduphoria by January 22nd.
Making Assessments in Eduphoria
Analyzing Your Own Assessments
They looked at the following questions:
1. Do I have at least 3 questions for each of the Readiness Standards in this unit and 1-2 from Supporting Standards?
2. Am I including any questions that include process standards?
3. Do I have a balance of multiple-choice and open-ended questions?
4. Overall, do I feel that my assessment meets the level of rigor expected for my grade level?
5. Did I include a griddable question? (2nd-5th grade)
There is a form to use when analyzing assessments shared in the "Assessments" folder in the "Collaborative" Google Drive Share folder.