Staples School Supplies
NO Pokemon Cards
Pink Shirt Day is April 9 at NES
Jump Rope for Heart
Updating Medical Plans for Next Year
If your child has an existing URIS plan, you will be receiving an annual renewal package in April. Please sign and return to Ms. Kehlerr by the end of April so renewals can be processed for the next school year.
If your child does not have an existing URIS plan but there have been changes in your child's medical status please contact Ms.Kehler at the school to review these changes and set up a URIS plan if needed.
Monthly School Nutrition Newsletter
2021-22 Kindergarten Registration/Orientation
Thank you to those of you who have registered your kindergarteners for the upcoming school year. Stay tuned in April for more information regarding how kindergarten orientation will work this year.
If you have not registered your child for kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year please do so. To be eligible, children must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2021. More information will be available on the Hanover website at the beginning of February.
Registration will be online at www.hsd.ca. Anyone who does not have access to the Internet should visit the school office.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to register their children as early as possible. This assists us in planning and preparation. Registering earlier will ensure there is sufficient time for school appointments and provide opportunity to participate in orientation activities.
Lost and Found Tour
**Friendly Reminder to label your child's clothing as we check for labels and do our best to return those to their owns before cleaning out the Lost and Found
Crosswalk Safety /Parking
A friendly reminder to look out for the safety of our students and staff at the Pedestrian Corridor on Main Street. Below are the Pedestrian Corridor Driver responsibilities as written in the MPI Driver's Handbook
These feature large, illuminated overhead signs, with alternating flashing amber lights on top. Large rectangular bars are painted on the crossing.
As a driver
• It’s illegal to pass traffic ahead of you that is slowing down or has stopped for pedestrians.
• Make sure the pedestrians have safely crossed the street or have safely reached the median of a divided roadway before proceeding.
• No parking or stopping is allowed within 15 metres of a pedestrian corridor
We have been placing pylons out during crosswalk times to indicate the 15 m spacing that should be left between cars and the Pedestrian Corridor. If you are turning left onto Main Street from 4th Ave South, you will need to yield to the cars stopped at the crosswalk and not turn in front.
Parking in the area by the crosswalk (with painted curbs and signage) is not permitted.
Thank you for helping us get students safely to and from school!
What Should I Do If My Child Is Sick?
**Important Update- Bulletin # 8 Updates to Close Contact and Self Isolation Requirements
Religious Exercises at NES
PARENT PORTAL/STUDENT INFORMATION
The HSD Parent Portal is a communication tool designed to enhance and increase parent/guardian involvement in the education of their children by providing secure online access to their child's student information. With a single username and password, you can access data for each of your children attending an HSD school. The Access IDs along with setup instructions have been sent via email to all eligible parents/guardians of new students. If you are new to NES and did not receive the specified email, please contact the school office at 204-388-4861.
Please take a few minutes to review the student information and contact information for your child. It is important that the school has current address and contact information for your child in case it is necessary to reach someone during the school day. Changes can be made through the parent portal.
Connect with NES
- All bus students in grades K-4 must wear a face mask if they are riding the bus. All grade 4 students must wear a mask and the grade 3 students in the grade 3/4 combined classes are strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- All non bus students will be dismissed at 3:35 each day. Please make sure to have a "meeting spot" arranged for your child to meet you if they are being picked up
- If a student arrives late to school, please have them come in through the front doors to check-in at the office before they go to their classroom.
- If a friend or relative is picking up a child from school the parent/guardian needs to notify the school or classroom teacher by 3:00 p.m. the same day. If the friend or relative will be regularly picking up your student please have them added to the parent/guardian approved pick up the list at the office