EAGLE MOUNTAIN NEWS & NOTES #24
February 15, 2016
I hope you enjoyed your Valentine’s Day. This week promises to be an especially busy one with an AP & a Principal meeting here as well as Liink training all day on Wednesday. We are getting ready to hear our last round of your mini-RISE presentations this week. I hate to sound like a broken record, but we are still completely blown away by the exceptional job each team has done with their presentations. You knew your data & were able to articulate confidently next steps, & I am not exaggerating when I tell you how much you exceeded our expectations. Hopefully, the task will seem last daunting in the future. I would put your presentations up against anyone’s!
Important Information this week!
· Several of you were kind enough to share your Writing Samples with me recently. I reviewed each piece & felt very encouraged about the progress we’re making in writing. It is definitely a concerted effort & I am confident our results will reflect the work & effort you’ve put into writing this year. I have those ready to return to you.
Kelli needs to train any teachers who have LEP identified students today - during either your conference period or after school. The calibration dates are still set for next week.
. The Elementary AP's will be meeting here tomorrow from 8:30 - 11:30 with Dr. Priddy to do Instructional Rounds. Kelli is hosting this meeting, & I will be involved with this as well. We also have an aspiring administrator shadowing me tomorrow.
· Second grade begins their Liink training this week on Wednesday with Dr. Rhea. Our work will begin at 8AM in the PLC room & we will finish at 2:30.
· We would like to know from grades 3, 4, & 5 what your tutoring plan is. Team leaders, please send us a brief email outlining your tutoring plan.
· Our Campus Improvement Committee will meet on Wednesday afternoon.
· This reminder that Educational Foundation Grants are due Feb. 29th. I hope you will consider writing a grant.
WORDS OF THE WEEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VOCAB IS IN THIS SMORE
FINISHING RISE PRESENTATIONS SOON - We have 5th grade's today & then Danielle's, Tim's, Regina's & our Block teachers.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE:
Monday – PLC’s meet, PDAS evaluations, 5th grade’s RISE presentation 8:50, I am starting my fourth grade novel unit today. PBIS committee meets at 3PM with Drew & Danielle. Drew has a UIL meeting
Tuesday – Kelli hosts an AP meeting here from 8:30-11:30. We will also have Anne Yamashita visiting on campus today to shadow me. Bryan to teach 4th grade novel unit with Nala’s classes today.
Wednesday – 2nd grade Liink Training with Dr. Rhea, Campus Improvement Committee Meeting – 3PM
Thursday – Bryan to Principal’s meeting, 4th grade hosts Souper Faculty Luncheon, JA Meet & Greet for K-2 at 3PM
Friday – Bryan hosts Principal Meeting 8:30 – 10:30 on Liink with Dr. Rhea, EMU Clubs 1:45
- I am infinitely grateful to our Design Team for the work they have been doing. The depth of our conversations about student achievement is significant & I don’t know that we’ve EVER had deeper or richer conversations with each other about what we are doing for kids & what we can do to continue to improve that.
- KUDOS to our evening custodians who walked a teacher to her car last week who was working late. Thank you Randy & Jimmy for looking out for our teachers – that was very kind of you!
- I appreciate Nala Beal’s willingness to allow me to share some great literature with her fourth graders! Nala gets that teaching is my first love, & I appreciate her invitation to do what I love most!