Web 2.0 Presentation Part 2
10/08/12 Staff Development by L. Mabry and C. Stewart
- Directions video on homepage (log out of your account and go to smore.com)
- Analytics example on homepage (log out of your account and go to smore.com)--not ready yet or need Google analytics?
- Watch tutorial how-to video on http://www.smore.com/
- Quick and easy way to build pages. Could make a site by linking between pages.
- 13 y/o plus (COPPA)
- Useful for student projects and YOU!
- IE doesn’t work to create pages—only Chrome. Haven’t tried firefox/safari.
- book clubs, student book reviews, etc. Control settings to prevent access to social features.
- Your Books --> Add Books
- More --> Widgets and Extensions
- Widget: Good for your website
- Photomosaics: Good for desktop backgrounds, posters, etc.
- ·Early reviewers get free copies of books in exchange for reviews.
- 200 books can be entered for free, unlimited $25 for life.
- 13 years old and parent permission until 18 years old.
- Useful for book clubs or reading classes.
- Video intro at http://www.polleverywhere.com/#video
- Free for audiences of up to 40 people.
- Very adjustable—can allow responses via webpage, text, and twitter.
- Can also allow only one response or multiple responses from each respondant.
- Multiple choice or free response.
- Display a live response chart.
- Faster than logging in to ActivEngage for simple questioning.
- Paid plans can allow student registration and grading.