FAC Weekly Update
February 21, 2020
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope that you had a wonderful week! Thank you to all who came out to the FAC on Wednesday evening for the concert performance of the 2:25 p.m. Jazz Studio! Congratulations to our fabulous student musicians and their fearless leader, Maestro Steve Watson. These students will be performing again next Wednesday night at Genevieve's at the Peace Center to a sold-out audience!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
True commitment inspires and attracts people - it shows them that you have conviction...
What is the true nature of commitment?
- Commitment starts in the heart. I am told that in the Kentucky Derby, the winning horse effectively runs out of oxygen in the first half-mile, and goes the rest of the way on heart.
- Commitment is tested by action. As Arthur Gordon acknowledged, "Nothing is easier than saying words. Nothing is harder than living them day after day."
- Commitment opens the door to achievement. There will be times when commitment is the only thing that carries you forward. As David McNally commented, "Commitment is the enemy of resistance, for it is the serious promise to press on, no matter how many times you get knocked down."
- John C. Maxwell, The Maxwell Daily Reader, page 57 (February 21)
Seeking Feedback from the FAC Community
You can access the survey at the following link - https://forms.gle/ntUHncGykWd8H32u8. I hope to have 100% participation from all stakeholders and ask that you please try to complete the survey by Monday, March 2.
Congratulations to Preston Spisak!
Way to go, Preston!
Congratulations to Region, All-State, and All-County Band Members!
All-State: Total – 9 Allstate players and 1 Allstate alternate
Maxwell Canipe – 2nd chair oboe 11-12 Band
KJ Reynolds – 5th chair percussion 11-12 Band
Bess Bridwell – 10th chair flute 11-12 Band
Corey Schumacher – 20th chair clarinet 11-12 Band
Ian Scogin – 1st chair flute 9-10 Band
Preston Spisak – 1st chair timpani 9-10 Band
Elija Hicks – 6th chair trumpet 9-10 Band
Landon Taylor – 6th chair alto sax 9-10 Band
Kendrick Miller – 13th chair clarinet 9-10 Band
Leonie Stollberg – 5th alternate flute 9-10 Band
Region Band: Total – 13 region players and 7 region alternates
Asa Adomatis – 5th chair percussion 11-12 Band
Calvin Blessing – 1st alternate trombone 11-12 Band
Will Bailey – 4th alternate percussion 11-12 Band
Isaac Lucas – 1st chair bari sax 9-10 Band
Leonie Stollberg – 2nd chair flute 9-10 Band
Blake Childs – 2nd chair trumpet 9-10 Band
Lucas White – 2nd chair percussion 9-10 Band
Matthew Revilla – 3rd chair clarinet 9-10 Band
Tyler Bush – 3rd chair tuba 9-10 Band
Holly Murray – 3rd chair bass clarinet 9-10 Band
Caleb Jiva – 4th chair clarinet 9-10 Band
Liam Morgan – 5th chair percussion 9-10 Band
Henri Pelletier – 7th chair clarinet 9-10 Band
Allwyn Edwards – 7th chair percussion 9-10 Band
Gwendolyn Tomlin – 8th chair tuba 9-10 Band
Jacob Shum – 1st alternate percussion 9-10 Band
Thomas Carter – 1st alternate alto sax 9-10 Band
Bella Mayo – 1st alternate euphonium 9-10 Band
Wilson Stokes – 2nd alternate horn 9-10 Band
Keenan Dean – 4th alternate percussion 9-10 Band
All-County Band: Total – Wind Ensemble players – 17; Symphonic Band Players – 15
Ian Scogin – 1st chair flute Wind Ensemble
Maxwell Canipe – 1st chair oboe Wind Ensemble
Corey Schumacher – 1st chair clarinet Wind Ensemble
Isaac Lucas – 1st chair bari sax Wind Ensemble
Elija Hicks – 1st chair trumpet Wind Ensemble
Preston Spisak – 1st chair timpani Wind Ensemble
KJ Reynolds – 1st chair percussion Wind Ensemble
Bess Bridwell – 2nd chair flute Wind Ensemble
Landon Taylor – 2nd chair alto sax Wind Ensemble
Leonie Stollberg – 3rd chair flute Wind Ensemble
Adam Finkelstein – 3rd chair percussion Wind Ensemble
Blake Childs – 5th chair trumpet Wind Ensemble
Liam Morgan – 5th chair percussion Wind Ensemble
Kendrick Miller – 6th chair clarinet Wind Ensemble
Lucas White – 6th chair percussion Wind Ensemble
Asa Adomatis – 7th chair percussion Wind Ensemble
Micaiah Corbitt – 8th chair percussion Wind Ensemble
Bennett Thomason – 1st chair horn Symphonic Band
Bella Mayo – 1st chair euphonium Symphonic Band
David Hamme – 2nd chair trumpet Symphonic Band
Holly Murray – 3rd chair bass clarinet Symphonic Band
Jacob Shum – 3rd chair percussion Symphonic Band
Luna Riley – 4th chair flute Symphonic Band
Zach Sanderson – 4th chair alto sax Symphonic Band
Becca Szczepanski – 4th chair bass clarinet Symphonic Band
Caleb Jiva – 5th chair clarinet Symphonic Band
Calvin Blessing – 5th chair trombone Symphonic Band
Abby Shipman – 6th chair flute Symphonic Band
Keenan Dean – 6th chair percussion Symphonic Band
Tyler Bush – 9th chair tuba Symphonic Band
Matthew Revilla – 12th chair clarinet Symphonic Band
Henri Pelletier – 15th chair clarinet Symphonic Band
Mark Your Calendar for "The Momentum Series"
Please join us for this wonderful event, and please spread the word to your Greenville neighbors!
From the FAC pARTners
Event Ticketing Help
Please take a moment to help us with the ticketing process at one of our performances. The FAC pARTners have created a sign-up genius where you can select an event that works with your schedule - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45ada82daafc1-2020. We greatly appreciate the donation of your time and energy to this vital process!
Music Club of Greenville - Scholarship for Grade 12 Students
The Music Club of Greenville will once again offer a scholarship to instrumentalists and vocalists who will be pursuing a degree in:
- Music Performance
- Music Education
- Musical Theatre
The deadline for the application is March 8, 2020. Please click on the following link for more information and to access the application - https://musicclubgreenville.org/scholarship-application.
Please spread the word to your Greenville friends and family about our concerts, events, and performances!
- February 21-22: Region Band Rehearsals and Concert, Anderson University
- February 21-23: All-State Orchestra Rehearsals and Concert - FAC and WHHS.
- February 22: SCNATS Auditions - FAC Voice Studio - Furman University.
- February 26: Jazz Concert at Genevieve's (Peace Center), 7:00 p.m.
- February 26-March 1: Dance Studio Trip to National High School Dance Festival
- February 27-28: All-County Band Rehearsals and Concert, FAC and WHHS
- March 5: Jazz Concert, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 20: The Momentum Series, presented by the FAC Creative Writing Studio; 7-9 p.m., M. Judson Bookstore
Community Performances Featuring FAC Students
- Logos Theatre - A Peep Behind the Scenes - March 6 - April 25. https://thelogostheatre.com/
- Greer Children's Theatre - Frozen Jr. - March 6-8 & 13-15, 2020 - http://www.cityofgreer.org/827/Greer-Childrens-Theatre
- SC Children's Theatre - Curious George: The Golden Meatball - April 25 - May 3 - https://scchildrenstheatre.org/shop/curious-george-the-golden-meatball/
- Greenville Theatre - The Producers - June 5 - 28 - https://www.greenvilletheatre.org/2019-2020
- Milltown Players - The Music Man - July 24 - August 8 - http://www.milltownplayers.org/currentseason