Daily Faith & Family Formation
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020
Luther's Morning Prayer
I thank You, my Heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son
That you have kept me this night from all harm and danger
And I pray that you would keep me this day also from sin and every evil
That all my doings in life may please You
For into Your hands I commit myself - my body and soul and all things
Let Your Holy Angel be with me that the evil foe may have no power over me
This Week's Memory Verse - Psalm 55:22
"Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall."
I always learn scripture better when I can put music to it. If that sounds like you, too, you can use this music video to help you remember this awesome verse about where to take our worries and fears and the strength we get from our great God.
Supporting Verses for our Lives
- Proverbs 3:5 - 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."
- Joshua 22:5 - "Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul."
"Obedience to God's Call"
- Read the short lesson using this link OR
- Watch the short lesson from Mrs. Baron using the video below AND
- Discuss: Talk about some times when it is hard to obey God.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and because He is steadfast, who we are in Him remains the same regardless of circumstances. These statements remind us whose we are and who we are Because of who Jesus is.
Speak these statements together as a family.
Zion Lutheran School
Our Vision: That every child knows Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior